• When he takes his child to get her vaccination •

When he takes his child to get her vaccination

I was waiting for my husband, Jungkook to arrive home from work so that we could take our 6 month old daughter, Areum to get vaccinated.

I was packing everything I needed and also some necessities for our daughter since she was still too young. She was taking a nap and it was about time for her to wake up.

"Baby? I'm home" I heard Jungkook say from downstairs. "In the bedroom" I said and heard his footsteps coming closer to the bedroom.

"Hey honey" He greeted me and left a peck on my cheek. I gave him a small smile and continued what I was doing.

Jungkook was changing when I heard my phone ring. I checked the caller id to see that it was from my colleague at work. I answered the call and she asked me to come to the office since there was some emergency.

She hung up and I turned to Jungkook. "Baby could you take Areum to get her vaccination?" I asked and saw Jungkook look shocked since I was always the one who took her for her vaccinations.

"Can't you go after this please?" He asked and I sighed. "Sorry Jungkook. I have to go right now. Just this once. Please" I said and he just stared. "Besides it would be nice to spend time with your daughter" I said and he nervously nodded.

"The nurses will give you the information beforehand so it's alright" I said and he nodded. I gave him a peck and left to go to work.

Jungkook's P.O.V

As soon as Y/N left, I started searching on the internet for information and advice to get a vaccination for a 6 month old child. While I was immersed in reading all the details, I heard Areum crying.

I rushed to her crib and picked her up. I gently swayed her in my arms. After she calmed down a little, I left a peck on her forehead and talked gibberish to her which made her giggle making me smile.

I took everything I needed and made my way to the car. I made sure she was secure in her baby seat and drove to the location.

As soon as I reached, I picked her up and walked inside. There were a few parents with their children meaning we had to wait for a while.

After a while, it was our turn. I went inside and the nurse advised me. "Mr. Jeon please hold your child securely so that she doesn't move too much" I did as she said. I looked at my daughter and gave her a small smile.

"Okay Mr. Jeon, it's time for her vaccination so please hold her tight" She and I did. The nurse then injected her to which Areum started crying. It made me sad seeing her cry so much at the pain but it was for her own good.

The nurse placed a bandaid where she injected her and left the room. I tried calming Areum and tried to make her smile but she was bawling her eyes out.

I tried everything to make her calm down at least a little but she didn't budge. So eventually, I did what I had to do.

I copied her actions and fake cried really loudly just like she did and she got quiet and just stared at me shocked. She was going to cry again but I continued my actions till she stayed quiet which worked magnificently making me smile in satisfaction.

I saw the nurse come back and she made me sign a few forms. After everything was done, I made my way to the car. I saw Areum getting tired so I gently swayed her in my arms. I placed her in the baby seat and drove home.

I reached home after some time. I parked my car and opened the backseat to see that Areum had fallen asleep. I smiled at her and gently picked her up and got inside the house. I placed her in her crib.

I took a shower and wore some comfortable clothes. After a while, I heard the front door open and Y/N came in looking tired.

"Hey baby, how was work?" I asked her and she smiled. "It was fine. I just had to help my boss with finding a few files since one of the meetings got preponed"

She sat beside me on the couch and leaned her head on my shoulder. "So how was your day?" She asked me and I told her how it went.

"See I told you it was going to be alright" She said giggling. We were quietly enjoying each other's presence when we heard Areum crying loudly.

Y/N was going to go comfort her but I stopped her. "I can handle it" I said with a smirk and went away to Areum's crib. 

_ _ _