• When he raises his voice at his child for the first time •

When he raises his voice at his child for the first time

It was 12 am and I was still up, waiting for Jungkook. This whole month, he had been coming home extremely late. It's been so long since we had spent time together as a family and our three year old son, Jeongsan, misses him the most. I looked down at my lap and saw Jeongsan sleeping peacefully.

He was waiting for his father but he fell asleep. I smiled at him and brought him to his room. I placed him down on the bed really calm so that he wouldn't wake but he still did. "Is daddy home yet?" He asked with his eyes still closed and extremely sleepy. "No sweetie but you should sleep now" I said and he nodded and turned around while hugging his pillow.

"Goodnight baby" I said and left a kiss on his forehead. I turned off the lights of his room and closed the door and decided to go to the kitchen to drink some water since I was getting thirsty.

As I reached the kitchen, I saw Jungkook drinking water. "You're back!" I said and went to give him a hug but he avoided it making it clear that he was stressed and didn't have the best day at work. "Now that you're back, Can we talk?" I asked and he sighed.

"Y/N, I'm really tired. How about tomorrow?" He asked and I decided to agree since he seemed too tired. "You have to eat dinner though" I said and placed the plates and the food in front of him while he quietly ate. "Daddy, is that you?" I heard Jeongsan say and faced him. "Sannie, I thought I told you to sleep" I said and went and picked him up.

He said and hugged me tight. He faced Jungkook and immediately jumped out of my arms and went to Jungkook. He giggled and jumped on Jungkook who was still eating. Jeongsan sat on Jungkook's lap and during the process, his hand hit the glass and it fell down and broke into pieces.

"JEONGSAN, LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!" Jungkook said, raising his voice, making me surprised since it was the first time Jungkook raised his voice at his son. Anger and annoyance was clearly evident on his face.

"S-sorry daddy" Jeogsan said and ran towards me with tears in his eyes. "Ouchie" he said and came to me and pointed at his feet while crying. It was bleeding just a little bit. I glared at Jungkook while he just looked confused and was trying to comprehend everything that happened in a short span of time.

I took Jeongsan to the washroom and sat him down on the counter near the sink. I brought the first aid kit and put a bandaid on his wound and kissed his cheek. He was still sad and had teary eyes. "Daddy doesn't hate me, does he?" He asked, making me sigh.

I said and made up excuses and placed him on the bed in his room. Since he was still scared because of his nightmare, I didn't turn off the lights. I went downstairs to the kitchen and saw Jungkook trying to clean the broken pieces of glass.

Ignoring him, I took the broom from his hands and started cleaning, making Jungkook sigh and leave the room. After I had cleaned everything, I went to mine and Jungkook's room.

I looked around and Jungkook wasn't anywhere in the room. I decided to act like I was sleeping in case he came since I didn't want to talk to him. After waiting for a while, Jungkook still didn't show up so I went search for him.

I looked downstairs and the balcony but he wasn't there. I went to Jeongsan's room and saw that the lights were off. I went in to see Jungkook sleeping while hugging Jeongsan tight, making me awe at the sight in front of me. Smiling, I went to bed and decided to sleep.

I woke up in the morning and saw that no one was beside me. Remembering last night, I smiled and did my morning routine. I went to Jeongsan's room and saw him and Jungkook laughing together making me smile at them. "Mommy you're here!" he said with excitement and I went towards them and sat beside him.

"How was your sleep?" I asked him and he giggled. "It was great. Daddy was telling me a story right now because he couldn't tell me a bedtime story" He said, making me laugh. I carried Jeongsan and got him ready for the day. I went to make breakfast while Jeongsan was playing with some toys in his room. I felt someone back hug me and knowing who it was, I didn't turn around.

"Y/N, I know you're mad at me and I'm so sorry for neglecting you two for the past few weeks. It wasn't my intention and I was just working so hard and I got a promotion. I'm so sorry for making it seem like my work was my main priority when in fact it was you both, my family. I swear I will make it up to you both.
I took a week off to make it up to you both" He said, making me smile.

"First off, congrats on the promotion. You truly deserved it. Second, I'm glad you realised your mistake and that you're willing to spend your time with us so I decided that you deserve my forgiveness" I said while handing him a plate with a pancake which had a smiley face that drew on it with chocolate syrup.

"Thanks love" He said, giving me a kiss. Soon after, we three had breakfast for the first time in days and we all were happier than ever.

_ _ _