• Proposing to you •

Proposing to you

It's been about exactly two years since Jungkook had gone to the military. We often wrote each other letters but he never told me when he would return from the military although I asked him a lot. I missed him so much.

We've been dating for about 5 years now. I hangout with the members and all my friends but I still miss Jungkook way too much. I was hoping he would come back soon since it has already been two years. I counted the days since I couldn't wait for him to come back.

I came back from work today in a terrible mood. My friend's boyfriend, who went to the military the same time with jungkook had came back early in the morning. Her boyfriend said that everyone already left meaning that Jungkook was already here.

This made me feel horrible. I thought he would've forgotten about me but that can't be possible since we always sent letters to each other. So many thoughts came into my mind. What if he didn't want to be with me anymore... It's not that Jungkook should come directly to me or anything but I just hoped he missed as much as I missed him but I'm not so sure anymore.

It was 5pm now. I decided to just eat some ramen and watch a movie to get my mind off things. While watching the movie, I heard my phone ring. Thinking it might be Jungkook, I picked it up to see that it was just Jimin. I sighed and answered the call. "Hey Jimin" I said and I heard him squeal due to excitement.

"Congratulations Y/N! We're so happy for you" Jimin said being extremely happy. I heard the other members scream happily in the background. "What do you mean Jimin?" I asked him since I was extremely confused. I didn't hear anything and it was completely silent for a while.

"So nothing happened?" Jimin asked confused and I just replied with a no. I heard him curse under his breath and the other members were all scolding him. Suddenly, the line went silent and I realised that he had hung up.                

I thought that was very weird but since Jimin does a lot pranks often, I thought that it was one them and just let it slide. I continued watching the movie.

After the movie got over. I decided that it was best for me to take a walk around the neighbourhood and clear my mind. Jungkook never left my mind this whole time. Since it was spring, I wore something that matches the season.

I wore my shoes and took my phone and some money. I wore my shoes and decided to leave the apartment. I opened the door and what lay in front of me shocked me. Happy tears were rolling down my eyes and I couldn't seem to control it.

Jungkook was in front of me standing on one knee while holding a velvet box with a beautiful ring inside with a bright smile on his face. I was extremely shocked since I didn't expect this at all. "𝗪𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗺𝗲 𝗬/𝗡?" He asked me and I was shocked but I was sure that I wanted to marry him.

During the two years that Jungkook had left, I realised that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him since it was pointless without him by my side.

I saw Jungkook's face became dull and I realised that I haven't answered him yet. Since I was crying heavily with happy tears I couldn't speak so I just nodded my head vigourously.

Jungkook's face lit up. He got up and put the ring on my finger and hugged me tight while crying on my shoulder. This was an extremely emotional moment for the both of us since we hadn't seen each other for the past two years and the first thing he did when he came back was propose to me.

He kissed my forehead. He looked at me and gave me a long passionate kiss and attached our foreheads together. We both stared into each others eyes deeply. "I missed you" I said hugging him. "I missed you much more than you can imagine" He said holding me tighter.

We got inside and sat on the couch and Jungkook began talking. "Look Y/N I know that this isn't romantic or anything but I've always wanted to marry you and being away from you for two years made me realise how much I need you and your letters were the only things that kept me going. I was planning this with the members and that's why I came late but I just really wanted to do this. I wanted you to be extremely surprised and wanted to see your reaction..." He said blushing with tears of joy spilling from his eyes.

I smiled at him and kissed him again. "I love you" I said admiring him. "Not more than me" He replied while leaving a peck on my forehead. "How did you know I was gonna leave at the perfect time" I asked extremely curious. He chuckled nervously. "Actually I forgot to ring the bell and I heard shuffling inside so..." He said making me smile.

"You've gotten really Buff" I told him giggling. "Well I bet you like it" He said smirking and showing off his muscles. "By the way Jimin called earlier to congratulate me but I didn't understand that until now" I informed him. "Oh my God I told that tiny man to wait but he was too excited" Jungkook said making the both of us laugh.

Suddenly my phone rang and it was Jimin calling once again. "Speak of the devil" I heard Jungkook mutter while smiling. "Hey Y/N..." I heard Jimin say nervously. "So did anything happen?" He asked me carefully. "No..." I replied smirking while Jungkook was trying not to laugh. I heard Jimin chuckle nevously and heard the members scold him once again.

"If you're talking about Me and Jungkook being engaged then yes it happened" I said and I heard him squeal. Soon enough I heard someone burst through the door and saw Jimin running towards us.

"CONGRATULATIONS GUYS" He said hugging the two of us extremely tight. We saw the rest of the BTS members smiling fondly at us. They all congratulated us and hugged us.

"We brought Cake" Jin said and asked us to cut it. We cut the cake and enjoyed the whole day. This was the best day of my life and it was because the love of my life asked me to be with him for the rest of his life right after he returned from military after two years.

And also because of all the members who I loved and cherished and they all were like brothers to me. I was so grateful that I have these wonderful people in my life...

_ _ _