Chapter 87 - Servants

Whispering a song happily, the girl with long white hair, wearing nothing but a lilac silk cape, jumps from pole to pole, on the edge of an abyss. She watches the distorted stars as they navigate the night sky, which is incessantly crossed by thunders of greenish light.

She leaps to the banks, sinking her gray feet into the black mud, and then runs towards the castle, crossing an intensely flowering field, with bushes with light trunks and tops full of multicolored fruits, blackthorns.

Panting, she arrives at the hall behind the glass door. She exclaims:

_ Hello Mr. Cat! How are you?

_ Miss Leah. _ The feline figure made of shadows bows _ I do not know how to answer to your question properly, but for convenience I shall say: Well, and you?

_ I'm fine, thanks. _ She lowers her face _ I just don't like being grounded... Mommy locked up all my powers... I can't even talk to my sisters!

She sighs, sadly, and sits next to the Cat. After a few moments of silence, it says:

_ If it is of your desires, I can tell you our history once again.

Leah smiles and accepts, claiming to love the Cat's "shadow theater".

_ Understood, Miss Leah.

With these words, the cat disintegrates in the air and the whole scene is warped by deep darkness. Suddenly, a yellow-glowing oval window opens in front of Leah. Inside, caricature silhouettes stage the sung narrative:

Century that goes on... Century that drags on.

The Witch was alone... And then she vanished.

The Witch was alone, then she reunited.

The hags had a bet of highest chair,

For the great Witch who redeems her own...

Who eats the man,

And make them disappear!

The Coven had a bet of all the vassalage,

For the great Witch with the fortune wheel...

Who kills the man,

And make them fall in fear!

Make young Witch, a deadly plan,

With a mighty knight, the war lord of man.

Bring the world's end,

Drink this vengeance,

Revive the whole Coven,

Make it rise again! Make it rise again!

_ Hehe! I like this song! Make it rise again! _ Leah exclaims, jumping off the floor with her bent knees _ Mr. Cat, do you think we can send a little message to my sisters? I wanted to know how they are doing... _ She makes a sad expression _ I thought I would be able to get immortality, but ahh...

_ I apologize, Miss Leah, I cannot allow you to communicate. It is part of your punishment to be isolated from the others. _ The Cat returns to its former form, misty _ However, I can inform you about the content of the last telegrams we've received.

As he stretches and meows, the Cat makes several pieces of information form in the mist, like notes. Leah reads them carefully:

_ Edisia said that... she is almost completing a rift! What a wonderful new! Oh, Ayla is doing well too! She got a lot of material for our monsters, heheh! And... she caused more insurgencies in Flavi. Poor little International Relations Unit. They are very overwhelmed because of us. _ She laughs.

She prepared everything carefully, for a long, long time. She knows that the power of humanity is in its numbers, in its alliances. She knows the strength of that false-peace symbol, and the power vacuum that its failure can generate. Witches are very patient and methodical. She knows that her advantage is the time to manipulate, destroy, and hurt.

The plan is perfect. It involves the construction of an invincible and immortal army, the collapse of an institution from the inside out, the emancipation and revolts of various species. The entire human fortress will be crushed in a single blow, slow and precise, but absolute.

_ Oh! Miriam is also doing important things! _ Leah says _ Hehe, she already prepared everything! Miriam is really amazing, the best big sister of all! _ She moves away from the Cat _ Bye-bye, Magnum Pa-ra-gon...!