Im sorry| sprousehart pt. 3

Listen to "all I want" by "kodaline"

COLES POV:
There I was walking up to the stand to speak at her funeral I was wearing a black tux and the locket she left me It had now been a month since her passing and everyone misses her dearly especially me but now it's time to honour her time and move on I walked upon to the podium this was being broadcasted across the world because I wanted everyone to know and remember how special she was.
"Hello everyone I'm up here to say a few words for lili and to honour what she did for all of us while she was still here. I remember the first time I saw her, she was beautiful she never spoke to me matter of fact she hated me she was shy and reserved she'd never been in the spotlight before but she did better than any of us, I remember the day I asked her out it was out of no where right after I called her a bitch and she called me a dick I was shocked when she said yes" I laughed as I felt the tears come to my eyes "ever since then I always protected her and loved her because she wasn't shy  and wasn't scared and this new environment she has was hard and complicated. We dated for four years until I broke it off I don't know why I did she didn't do anything but the moment she walked out the door I regretted it I wanted to run out and scoop her into my arms and tell her I didn't mean it and I was sorry but she had left by the time I ran to her. I tried to talk to her after that she wouldn't let me and i guess I gave up" the tears were now pouring down my face remembering how big of a dick I was "she got frailer didn't look like she was sleeping and I was so mad at myself I let this happen I let her get sick out of my own selfishness" "it always clouds my judgement because the next time my selfishness got in the way it cost her her life" I had waterfalls coming out of my eyes "I remember that day, the day of premiere she called me telling me there was trouble outside and you know what? I didn't care I hung up on her 30 minutes later they came in holding her body. She was beaten and bruised and it was my fault, and then they shot her they were there for me you know but she told them to take her life instead and they did" "she laid in my arms and told me she wanted to die, she wanted to die because of me" I was silent for a moment because now it really hit she wanted to die because of me "I will never forgive myself" "I'll always love you lili, always" I blew a kiss into the sky knowing she'd be there and walked off the stage I heard clapping and I sat down beside the coffin were my seat was. Everyone else did there speeches and I zoned out I thought this would be easy getting closure and finally letting her have her peace. But it wasn't I now just realized she's dead and it's because of me I killed her. She didn't deserve to die she was the kindest most amazing person and that night I broke up with her was because she made one small mistake. I will never love again not like I loved her.
————————————————————————
10 YEARS LATER
It's been 10 years since lili died I never fully moved on and I never will but I've gotten better I've learned to forgive myself. I haven't dated anyone since not even kissed someone and I'm not going too. I miss her so much I didn't quit acting because I know she wouldn't want that I'm just counting down the days till we can reunite again. I started a charity for her the lili Reinhart foundation it's to prevent shootings from happening so no one loses their life like she did it's one of the most popular foundations in the world I haven't taken off the locket since either not even to shower. Riverdale ended after she died knowing we couldn't continue without Betty. We did two tribute episodes for her and that was that. We have a reunion every year for riverdale on Lilis death day to celebrate her and riverdale. I still love her always will.
————————————————————————
40 YEARS LATER
I woke up with my head feeling fuzzy I was in the bright white room in all white clothes I looked down at my body and I was think and muscular looking I don't remember being this toned looking. I stood up and walked around a bit until I saw her. I saw her in her white flower dress her blonde beautiful hair in a loose bun she was barefoot and so was I she had her back slightly turned until she turned fully around and saw me she just stared at me for a second and furrowed her eye brows "Cole?" She said not moving "lili" I said mouth open I couldn't help it I ran to her and picked her up and spun her around "I missed you so much" I was crying into her shoulder "I missed you too" she said "how old were you?" "Like on earth?" "Yea" she said I hoped I wasn't that old still that would be a bit weird "88" I said "you don't look 88" she giggled into my shoulder god I missed that giggle she pulled away from me and I immediately felt cold again she put her hand to my heart "your 26" she said "that's weird" I just looked at her "you ok?" She asked me I stood still and looked at her I grabbed her face and kissed her harshly she kissed me back she pulled away again "I'm sorry I couldn't help it"
I said out of breath "it's ok" she said "how old are you?" I asked "I'm 22" "huh" I was smirking "what are you smirking for" she laughed "nothing I'm just happy to be here"
She smirked back I kissed her again and let's just say we got out happy ever after.
————————————————————————
Nothing against Cole or lili or Ari all fictional and for the story I have no idea how they broke up and I don't really care and I believe it was a valued reason and I respect that. All for the purpose of the story!