chapter three

YOUR POV:

Beca: this sucks

Y/n: ???

Beca: I went to the record store thinking I was gonna play music but instead I was stacking CDs next to a semen covered desk with that weird guy from the taxi

Y/n: the one who sang to you?

Beca: ding ding ding. his name is Jesse. apparently he really likes stacking CDs

Y/n: well I guess anything can be a kink now a days

Beca: 😂😂😂

Y/n: just be thankful that you don't have a roommate who has a sock on the doorknob half the time...

Beca: you're just mad you're not getting any

Y/n: no I'm mad because I can't take my nap

Beca: oh boo boo. come meet out in the grass, I'm by the big ass tree because you know I hate sunshine

Y/n: I'm starting to think you're a lesbian. you don't like any kind of D, not even from the sun

Beca: oh fuck off

Y/n: hehe I see you

I locked my phone and put it in my pocket when I spotted my sister outside sitting under the large oak tree. She had some of her music gear with her like her beat pad and some headphones, her notebook next to her with some note combinations. Beca liked to be different and mash things up sometimes, so when she found interesting sounds and liked how it sounded, she'd write them down.

"Hey fuck face." Beca greeted me once I sat down next to her.

"Wassup booger breath."

"Gross." Beca shuddered, "Hey check out this mashup I'm working on."

Beca pressed play on her computer and the mic began playing. I heard some vocal samples from songs play nicely with the beat, the ad libs of "just bust a move" playing as she distorted some of the beat with the effects.

After a minute or two the song ended and Beca looked at me and I grinned, "You always impress."

Beca smirked, "I know, I know. I'm the shit."

I laughed, shaking my head at my sister when I caught the eyes of the ginger from yesterday. She smiled when she saw us and came over and it occurred to me that I didn't even know what her name was.

"Hey guys!" She beamed.

"Oh god it's the red head step child." Beca commented, focusing on her computer.

I snorted, "hey, you're..."

"Chloe. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself yesterday." Chloe flushed in embarrassment.

I smiled to reassure her, "it's alright. how's the a capella thing going?"

"still not really going. we're having auditions in a few days if you change your mind. although I'd say screw it and just recruit you now but Aubrey would have a fit."