Taming The Wild Ones

Chapter One: Freak By Nature Or Just Plain Crazy?

Plop! Plop! Plop!

Recognize that sound? That, my dear friends, is the sound of boredom in it's rarest forms. I persistently dropped my eraser onto my desk, repeatedly.

"Haley Williams!"

More than one person shouted my name in frustration. Hey! It worked. Direct attention to me and away from the debate of Darwinism. I could name a couple of people that resembled an ape, Mrs Thatcher for instance. Old hag!

"Excuse me?" she asked in pure shock while a round of gasps went around. Oops! I said that out loud, didn't I? I cast a glance to Cameron for help but he just shook his head. I sunk into my chair, bracing myself for the lecture.

"Ms Williams! You are acting in such a manner of disgrace I feel ashamed for women your age. Heaven knows that your parents lead you teenagers into such states of annihilating and patronage behavior. You have become a ridicule in my class and that is absolutely intolerable!"

Mrs Thatcher walked down the aisle, glaring at me while her mouth kept yapping three hundred miles an hour with words no teenager should hear. I mean patronage? What the hell is that?

She hunched over her back and pulled her face tight, showing every damn wrinkle in that ancient face, and let me tell you, it ain't pretty.

Her eyes were daring me to say something, reprimand her.

Let's get this straight. My name is Haley Williams and that is a name you should remember. I never turn down a dare and break every rule imaginable. You need a new dress for a party, call my sister. You want to hunt down your cheating ex, I'm your girl.

Wild, badass rebel with no worries, no boyfriend and not a care in the world, I can imagine how this is going down.

"Hey! At least you didn't deny it." I say cheerfully and the crowd goes wild. What can I say? Enthusiasm is contagious.

"Detention!" she gives an ear splitting scream and slaps the detention slip on my desk with her bony hands. I will definitely be getting into collage easy, not.

The bell rings, signaling lunch, and thank heavens for that. I snatch the slip from her and give her my best death stare.

"You know, if I land up on the streets with no love or home, I'm blaming you for being a bad teacher. I mean I could get at least a decent job as a cleaner if you did your work right." I said and got the satisfaction of seeing her blowing up her cheeks, looking like a swollen prune.

I chuckled loudly as her ears turned and she opened and closed her mouth, trying to say something but instead looking like a fish.

"You are my inspiration Mrs Thatcher." I drawled sarcastically and skipped out of class.

I catch up to Cameron who had so cleverly tried to avoid me. What a friend he was for not helping me. Now I am stuck with detention. I fall in step with him, heading to the cafeteria. Neither of us say a word as we walk into the long line behind one another.

I stand with the tray in my hand, my eyes roaming the natural habitat of teenagers. Over here, our cliques worked a little bit differently. I suppose we do have them but it's not like your typical average nerds, in between then the "Oh I'm The Man" system. Over here it was a real jungle.

You were born into a group, regardless of your sport, academic levels or hobbies. If one tried to move from one to another, you would have to work your sorry butt off and you would be the talk of the entire school.

For example, Cynthia is the mayor's daughter, the extreme goody good, exact opposite of me. She was the girl you wanted to be on her good side and was always helping out at functions. She hangs out with the children of lawyers, bank owners and debutanes, even though the could be sooo normal or sooo trashy.