˗ˏˋ 13 ˎˊ˗

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

ιт ѕтαятѕ тσ∂αу

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ ━━━ ˖◛⁺- ✧˖*°࿐

"Hyunsook!" Mihyang called out as she walked into the lady's beauty parlour, Miseon and Seojun following closely behind.

"My gosh. Mihyang, is that you?" The older woman uttered. Miseon closed the door behind her before turning around to see a rather frantic Jugyeong grab the facial cream out of her mother's hand, rushing towards the back.

"This is my son and his friend," Mihyang introduced as they approached, Miseon politely bowing to the older lady before kicking Seojun's foot, snapping him out of his daze.

"Hello ma'am," Seojun respectfully said, sending Hyunsook a pretty smile.

"My gosh, goodness gracious. How on earth can one be so handsome?" Jugyeong's mother clapped before shifting her attention towards Miseon. "Wow, you're so beautiful, dear. A natural beauty."

"Thank you," the petite girl shyly smiled, fiddling with her new bracelet.

"There's my second daughter..." Hyunsook trailed off, not seeing her daughter standing behind her. Confusion washed over Miseon's face as she saw Jugyeong slide on the ground in front of them. "Are you out of your mind? What are you doing?"

"Juju! Are you okay?" Miseon asked, quickly making her way towards her friend, helping the taller girl up.

"Im Jugyeong?" Seojun questioned with wide eyes as Jugyeong awkwardly laughed.

-

"You look way better now that you're not on dialysis," Jugyeong's mother grinned, rubbing her old friend's arm comfortingly.

"Surgery went well thanks to my doctor," Mihyang smiled prettily. "I got lucky."

Miseon observed the older ladies as she sat next to Jugyeong. Seojun's mom was so beautiful - even when she had been sick, her beauty didn't falter. Seojun quietly laughed as he continuously took pictures of Jugyeong.

The Im girl abruptly sat up, startling Miseon out of her thoughts as she huffed, agitated and annoyed by Seojun. "Mom, I'm going home."

"Will you frighten the neighbours at this hour?" Hyunsook declared as she spun around, giving her daughter a disapproving look. "Wash your face first."

Jugyeong sighed as she glared at the Han boy, who was shamelessly showing Miseon the pictures he took. Shutting her eyes in anger, the Im girl threw her best friend a look of defeat before walking in the back.

"You're so mean," the Kim girl mumbled as she watched Jugyeong leave.

"What?" Seojun asked as he took a seat next to her, their shoulders touching.

"Nothing," Miseon sighed, suddenly being hyperaware of him. He was way too close for comfort and the petite girl stared. He was so handsome. His skin glowing under the dimmed lights of the parlour. His soft hair looked like it had been kissed by the clouds. His dark, captivating eyes, luring her into them.

"Are you okay?" Seojun asked as he poked the girl's forehead, bringing her back to reality. Blushing furiously from having been caught staring, Miseon coughed as she turned her face away. "What's wrong? Are you feeling sick?"

"No, no. I'm okay," the Kim girl breathed as she placed a hand on her beating heart. God, what was wrong with her?

"Seojun, stop bothering the poor young woman," Mihyang suddenly spoke up.

"I wasn't bothering her..." Seojun frowned.

After a few minutes of Seojun playing with Miseon's hair, too lost in his own world to notice how flustered she was. Jugyeong finally walked out, no longer with facial cream and with some makeup.

"Being that pretty must make you popular at school," Mihyang beamed as she spoke to Jugyeong. "You must be close to Seojun since your classmates."

"No, we're not," Jugyeong said as Seojun and Miseon went to stand next to her.

"They can be starting today then," Hyunsook suggested happily. "You both clearly have everything going for you."

Miseon awkwardly smiled as she fiddled with her bracelet again, feeling out of place. Seojun silently watched her before he discreetly took her hand in his, hiding their interlocked hands behind his back slightly. Wide-eyed, the brunette's gaze snapped up at him, wondering what the heck he was doing. He only gave her a gentle smile in response before returning his attention to the conversation.

"Since we said hello, come by the house tomorrow," Jugyeong's mom told Seojun. "You can come too, Miseon. I'll cook you guys a meal."

Seojun politely bowed with a smile as Miseon followed suit before Jugyeong spoke up. "Miseon and I are going out to study with our friends tomorrow."

"She's going on a blind date," Seojun declared as he pointed at the Im girl, causing Miseon to squeeze his hand tightly, trying to get the boy to shut up before he got himself in trouble.

"A blind date at your age?" Jugyeong's mom exclaimed, her anger rising. "Now I get why you desperately wanted a facial."

"Come on. You only get to be young once," Mihyang added as she placed a hand on Hyunsook's arm, trying to calm the woman's temper. "I'd love my Seojun to have a girlfriend, but all he loves to do is ride his motorcycle. Although, he quit recently."

Miseon practically winced in pain at the last sentence, already knowing what was going to happen. With a determined face, Jugyeong pointed towards Seojun. "He rides it all the time. He almost hit Miseon with it too!"

"Are you kidding me? You promised," Mihyang frowned.

"It was an accident," Miseon said, trying to defend Seojun. "It was my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going."

"How can I not ride what I own?" Seojun whined, pouting. "Riding the bus is a waste of money."

"You leave me with no choice," his mother sighed. "Miseon since the two of you are close, could you do me a favour and stop him from riding his motorcycle? Let me know immediately if you ever spot him on it."

"Mom, there's no need to..." The Han boy trailed off as he noticed Miseon tense up next to him.

"So you'll break our promise?"

"It's okay. I'll do it," Miseon agreed as she bowed slightly, sending Seojun a reassuring smile as he glanced down at her. The Han boy stared as he felt his chest tighten, her smile playing with his heart. Even when she wasn't looking at him anymore, she was so pretty to him. Just the way her eyes sparkled every time she drank her strawberry milk, or how her hair would softly sway in the wind when she was making her way to school, or when her nose scrunched up slightly when she laughed. It was all so alluring to him.

Seojun's eyes widened as he looked away quickly. The pounding of his heart was all he heard as he finally realized what was happening to him.

He liked her.

He liked Kim Miseon.