˗ˏˋ 04 ˎˊ˗

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

ιт ѕтαятѕ тσ∂αу

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ ━━━ ˖◛⁺- ✧˖*°࿐

Catching her breath, Miseon finally reached the office, stepping inside before being greeted by a teacher.

"Hello, you must be Kim Miseon, right?" He said as he beckoned the girl to come to his desk. "I'm Mr. Han. I'll be your homeroom teacher."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you," Miseon politely said as she bowed, smiling towards the young man.

"You came back from Busan? I bet you haven't fully adjusted yet," he said as he looked at her papers.

"I used to live here before I moved to Busan, so I'm good," the brunette stated.

"I'm glad to hear that. Here. Starting today, you go to Saebom High," Mr. Han smiled, handing the Kim girl her new ID.

"Thank you," Miseon muttered, taking the card, staring at it with a smile before getting startled by the vice-principals shouting.

"I hear that the new student used to be at the top of her class," the man said, making his way towards Mr. Han's desk. "It's an honour to have you here, Miseon."

"It's an honour to be here, sir," Miseon bowed respectfully before Mr. Han excused them, guiding her out of the office before making their way towards the classroom.

Miseon followed Mr. Han as they walked down the corridor, talking about her time in Busan and discussing her grades before another student joined them - Han Seojun.

"Hi," Mr. Han greeted as he walked into the classroom, the duo awkwardly standing at the front as they waited for the class to quiet down.

"Seojun is finally back. It's good to see him, right?" the teacher said as Miseon sent the Han boy a glance, wondering why he took a break from school. "We also have a new student with us today. Why don't you introduce yourself?"

"Hi, my name's Kim Miseon. I hope we all get along," she bowed, smiling shyly as her classmates shouted compliments at her, making her blush.

"Let's welcome them with a round of applause," Mr. Han continued as Seojun stared at the small girl next to him, lost in thought.

"Ah, Seojun, you can sit next to Suho. Miseon there should be a seat at the back," the teacher said as the Kim girl nodded, quickly heading to her seat as Seojun followed stopping next to Jugyeong's desk before kicking it.

"Hey, you move," he said, jerking his head slightly towards Suho. "This was my desk."

"Well... Jugyeong sat there because she had poor eyesight," Mr. Han explained, glancing around the class before his eyes landed on the boy next to Miseon. "Taehoon? Will our handsome Taehoon give up his seat? If you don't mind," he asked as Seojun's gaze flickered between Taehoon and Miseon.

"Me?" Taehoon questioned, pointing to himself. "Ah, really? Yes," he said as he got up, dancing his way over to his new assigned seat besides Suho.

"Yes, Taehoon, nice," Mr. Han said, making the class cringe, pleading for the teacher to stop as Miseon giggled.

Seojun slipped into his seat, placing his bag on the back of his chair as Miseon saw Jugyeong turn around, mouthing an apology to the boy before he leaned against his desk, ignoring her.

Jugyeong sent Miseon a confused look, the latter shrugging as she stared at the Han boy, wondering what his problem was before he spun to face her, smirking as he caught her staring.

Embarrassed, Miseon quickly averted her gaze, doing her best to make it seem like she hadn't been staring at all as she focused on Mr. Han, trying her best to ignore Seojun.

She listened to her teacher as he spoke before her gaze drifted towards the boy Taehoon sat next to - Lee Suho. He was staring straight ahead of him and Miseon couldn't even tell if he was blinking.

'Is he even breathing? Of course, he's breathing! Are you stupid?' The brunette thought as she got her books out, getting ready for their next lesson before a rather excited Jugyeong made her way towards her desk, another girl following closely behind.

"Miseon! I didn't know you were gonna be in this class," the Im girl smiled. "Ah, this is my friend Choi Sooa and her boyfriend Yoo Taehoon."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you," Miseon grinned as Sooa tapped her arm slightly.

"No need to be so formal! Im Ju told me about what you did this morning. You were so cool!" Sooa exclaimed, awed by the brunette in front of her, catching Seojun's attention, his interest piqued. "I hope we can become good friends."

"I would like that," Miseon beamed, happy to make new friends.

"Hey, are Soojin and Suho close?" Jugyeong asked Sooa as they saw them leave the classroom together.

"Yeah, they're pretty close," Sooa replied as Miseon leaned in, curious about the duo. "They're family friends since childhood. She's the only girl he'll actually talk to."

"Are they dating?" Miseon suddenly asked, making Seojun choke on his spit at the question, startling the Kim girl. "Are you okay?" She asked, leaning over to look at his face, concerned for his wellbeing as Seojun waved his hand dismissively.

"Ah, no they're not," Sooa answered, eyeing the Han boy before turning her attention towards their conversation again.

"Smart kids always hang out together," Taehoon said, arms crossed over his chest. "They're pretty and good-looking too. They don't seem human at all."

"Babe, that's why I keep my grades down," Sooa proclaimed as she grabbed her boyfriend's arm. "It's so I can seem human."

"My honey's smile will make my heart stop while dancing," Taehoon said, bringing his hand towards his heart, making Miseon cringe at the couple as Jugyeong tried to cover the scene with her hand.

Suddenly, the doors at the back of the classroom harshly slid open as Kim Chorong and his gang walked in, heading straight for Seojun.

"Hey, Han Seojun, you should check in if you're back," the boy said cooly as Seojun slammed his fist down on his desk, making Miseon jumped slightly at the loud sound. 

Slowly rising from his seat, the Han boy placed his hands in his pockets before they lead him out of the classroom to who knows where, glancing at the wide-eyed brunette, offering her a small smile before disappearing out of view.

Leaving a confused Miseon behind, wondering if Seojun was going to be okay.