Late nights.

Amelia's POV:

Friday. The best day of the week. Or at least for me, it's the day that I can finally rest after doing all my homework and I can just chill out. But.. my siblings had other plans.

My parents are gone on a case and they threw a party. So now there was music blasting, kids drinking, probably hooking up in their beds and doing some other illegal shit I didn't want to know about.

Aria was with a friend for the night, and I? Well, I was in my room hiding out from all of this mess. My door was locked, I was just watching tv. All of a sudden, someone starts knocking on my door.

"Amelia. Amelia let me in." Whose voice was it? Morana. She sounded scared though. I sigh and stand up, opening it. She was shaking. I pull her in, closing and locking the door.

"What? What's wrong?" She taps her chest, I'm kinda confused? But when I heard her wheezing I got it.

"Panic attack?" I ask. She nods.

"Okay. Okay. Help or be here." I ask. She holds up two fingers, so I sit her on my bed and put my arms around her. She leans into me and puts her head on my shoulder. I rub her arm and she grabs my hand, interlocking our fingers.

"SHUT THIS SHIT DOWN!!" I hear my mom yell. I can't help but laugh; those fuckers got caught. She squeezes my hand and then does it rapidly. I look at her.

"Hey, hey it's okay. It's okay you're safe Ana. My parents would never hurt a soul it's okay." I say pulling her close. I feel tears hit my chest, so I rub her back. Why is she so scared? Does yelling trigger her? I know it triggers me sometimes. Past shit. You know?

"Amelia! Come down here!" My dad yells. I sigh standing up.

"I'll be right back, I promise." I say, wiping her tears. I go downstairs.

"Hey.. um I have a girl having a panic attack in my room? Could this wait or..?" I ask. Not any girl. Morana motherfucking Dalton. The hottest girl in school. With me. Let me go.

"No. It can't. Did you know anything about this?" He asks.

"No," I say.

"Yes you did. Tell us the truth," My mom says.

"No, I swear I didn't. They just told me not to tell as soon as people started coming over. Can I go? This is really important," I say.

"Go," My dad says. I go back upstairs. She looks like she's gonna pass out. Her chest is barely moving and her face looks pale. And Ana isn't a pale person, she has a natrually tan complextion.

"Morana, hey look at me," I say. She looks up at me.

"Take a deep breath with me. No matter how hard it is you need oxygen baby. Come on. In.." We take one in.

"And out," I instruct. We keep doing that. Now on my floor I'm holding her hands while taking deep breaths with her. She ends up catching her breath. I wipe her tears.

"Are you alright?" I ask.

"Mhm," She says.

"Are you sure?" I question.

"Well I mean I just had a panic attack in your house. Does that really strike you as okay?" I shrug.

"Uh- no?" She sighs.

"My friends dipped I don't have a ride. Which is why I started having a panic attack. I didn't wanna ask cause that's.. no." She says. I nod.

"I can take you, come on," I say.

"It's past 10pm.. your license expired," She protests. Goody too shoes? Ana? Weird.

"Too bad. Come on. You really wanna ride with my parents?" She shakes her head, and I smile putting on my slides and grabbing my keys. She stands up and we go downstairs where my siblings are getting scolded with the team was in the kitchen.

"Ooo Emma has a girlfriend!" My uncle Henry says.

"No. Shut up." I say.

"I ship it what's her name?!" My aunt Taylor teases. I shake my head walking out.

"Sorry about that. You know I don't really bring anyone home or drive them home for that matter, so you know."

"Mhm. I understand that." We get in my car. I start it and start to drive.

"Address?"

"1919 Michelson street," she says.

"Oh so.. the other rich neighborhood?"

"Yeah," she says. I nod.

"Since it's like a 30 minute drive we'll play music," I say, handing her my phone. She plays the song "Serotonin" by girl in red. I smile turning it up.

"So Ms. Morana has taste hm?" I say nudging her arm with my elbow. She smiles. Did I mention my car turns into a convertible? Well it does, and just I pressed the button to turn it into one.

"Woah!" She says. I smile.

"Stand up! It's fun!" I say. She smiles, standing up.

"I get.. intrusive thoughts like cutting my hands off, like jumping in front of a bus, like how do I make this stop?! When it feels like my therapist hates me, please don't let me go crazy, put me in a field with daisies, might not work but I'll take a maybe. Oh, been breaking daily, but only me can save me, so I'm capitulating crying like a fucking baby.." she sings. I smile.

"I'm running low on serotonin, chemical imbalance got me twisting things. stabilize with medicine, but there's no depth to these feelings!! Dig deep, can't hide, from the corners of my mind.. I'm terrified of what's inside.." I sing. She smiles.

"I'm not the only one with taste huh?!" She yells over the music. I smile.

"I guess not Dalton! Shocker!" I say. She smiles sitting down and turning down the music.

"Not so shy, hm?" She teases.

"I open up to people I like." She smiles.

"So you like me?" Duh.

"No one ever said that Ana, don't get too ahead of yourself."

"Oh come on! We were so close!"

"Yes Ana, I like you. Not like that, but you're cool I guess." She smiles.

"Yes! I get bragging rights! I finally know the quiet kid!" She says. I look at her.

"Don't you dare," I say holding eye contact with her.

"Why can't I brag about you?" She asks.

"Because. Just don't!" I say.

"Okay, shit," She mutters. "Didn't expect you to be such a bitch."

"I'm sorry. I'm tired and I'm pissed off because I just wanted to sleep early tonight," I say. I guess she could be a bitch to me like she is to everyone else. Maybe I should be nicer.

"You're lame as fuck Amelia. God what the fuck?"

"It's a good thing I don't associate with you then," I say. She looks me up and down.

"Where are you going over spring break?"

"Vegas."

"What part?" She asks.

"Don't know, don't care. We're staying by the strip though. Not on it, near it."

"Hm. Me too." I look at her.

"I have to spend spring break with you?!"

"Mhm." I facepalm.

"Fuck!" I exclaim.

"Ouch?" She says. I look at her.

"No hard feelings.. I just really don't wanna spend break with you."

"Mhm. Those are some hard feelings," She says.

"Sorry. What're you gonna do? Cry?"

"I might," She says. I look at her, and she looks at me.

"I hate you."

"You love me."

A/N- we're kinda getting somewhere. Not really.. but kinda. I love you!💜