Part 2 Chapter 23

Chandler
Whoever is blowing up my damn phone about to get the shit knocked out of them when I see them. Me and Alana are finally alone and can't even enjoy each other's presence without someone calling,or the kids screaming for attention,or my fucking parents driving me crazy. CAN I GET A MOMENT?? I grabbed my phone and saw a bunch of messages.
Carmen: omg Chandler!!! Please pick up the phone
Carmen: where's Alana? Have y'all talked to Zara!
Carmen:CHANDLER!!!! Pick up the damn phone!
Alonzo:damn man pick up!
Alonzo: shit it's bad!!
Alonzo:fuck fuck fuck!! Chandler pick up
Alonzo:Damn...this is really bad I'm sorry man!
Levi: Chandler
Levi: answer the fucking phone
Levi:??!!!!!
Levi:HELLOOOOOOO
Levi: fuck you and Alana need to stop fucking and pick up y'all phones!!
Zara: dad I need you to come and get me
Zara:DAD!!!!
Zara: Dammit dad answer the fucking phone!!!
Zara: ima call Alana!!!!!
Zara:YALL TWO NEED TO ANSWER THE FUCKING PHONE NOOOOOW!!!!!
Serena: i know you and Alana are probably doing something but answer the phone
Serena:dad
Serena:dad
Serena:DAD 91 fucking 1!!!!!!
What the hell is going on? What's the issue? Who died?I finally called Zara but straight to voicemail.. Then I called Serena..
"Dad you finally answered the fucking phone!" Serena screamed
"What is it Serena?" I asked squeezing my temples
"It's mom. She's hurt she could be dead" Serena cried into the phone
"The hell you mean she's dead? How you know?!"
"Mom was in a bad accident! An eighteen wheeler smashed into her and Daniel's car. She died on impact and Daniel died at the hospital...Dad what is with all the questions she's dead!" Serena cried harder
I can't believe it. I refuse to believe that she's dead. This has to be some fucked up dream. I felt myself get lightheaded and processed everything Serena was saying in the phone. Damn man.
"Dad... Dad?"
Silence. I didn't know what to say. Shit I didn't have anything to say. I just couldn't believe it. Every memory I had with her came flooding back to me and my heart was breaking.
"Dad? Are you still there?"
"Where's Mariah?" I finally asked
"I have her she's finally sleeping. I have to go get Zara she said she called Alana but she wasn't picking up."
Oh yeah....Alana... I got up off the floor and heard her talking on the phone. She was looking annoyed with Zara on the phone. I know Zara is probably crying and Alana can't make out nothing she's saying right now.
"Zara I can't understand you. What's wrong with Monica?" Alana asked
"She's dead." I said
Alana stopped and looked at me. I know she heard what I said but I don't think she processed what I had just said.
"Hold on Zara your dad is saying something... what did you just say?" Alana asked me
"I said she's fucking dead! Fuck you can't hear or something?!" I said louder
Alana eyes got wide and she looked from me to her phone. She didn't know who to comfort first. She walked to me and hugged me tightly and I broke down in her arms. Monica not only was she my ex wife she was one of my closest friends. We were like 11 when we met..I knew her since middle school. She was also my first love and the mother of my girls. Instant regret filled my heart about how we ended and I wished that I was there with her.
"Zara where are you?" Alana said into her phone
"I'm at home Serena is coming to get me. I can't drive I've been shaking so much and Terrence isn't here."
"Wait. Where's Mariah?" Alana asked
"With Serena" i answered. I sat up and Alana started to wipe my tears away. She kissed me on the cheek and I smiled down at her.
"Y'all come to the house. Poor Mariah." Alana said
She continued talking to Zara and I just sat there in deep thought. All I could think about was Mon and her smile.. Hell I could hear her laugh and see her rolling those beautiful big brown eyes at me. I put my head in my hands and just cried. I cried until I couldn't anymore.
"It's going to be okay Chandler." Alana said to me
"I know she was just my first love and even though it's been a long time since we were cool she was one of my closest friends." I said wiping my tears.
All of the sudden we heard the alarm was disarmed so I knew Serena made it over here with the girls.
"That's probably them now." Alana said grabbing my hand and giving me one more kiss then guiding me out our room. As we walked downstairs I heard Mariah talking.
"Re where is mommy?" Mariah asked
"She's ummm well.. mommy's gone."
"Where did she go?" Mariah asked
"She's um well mommy she's Umm. She's with God" Zara said crying
"Why?" She asked
I walked down towards her to try to explain but I couldn't. I just picked her up and kissed her repeatedly.. Alana walked over to her and looked Mariah in the eyes. She smiled wide at her then explained.
"Your mommy was really hurt and the doctors couldn't help her so God told her that it was time to stay with him.."
"My Mommy is probably scared" Mariah said crying
"Not anymore she's with her mommy and daddy. She's safe and she'll always be with you in your heart and everywhere you go." Alana said hugging Zara then wiping her tears.
I smiled at Alana because she explained it perfectly for Mariah. Mariah wiped her tears then hugged me some more. I didn't have anything to say because I was going to cry.
"Is it true daddy? Is mommy with her mommy and daddy?"
"Y-yeah. She's not in any pain now and she's happy to be with them." I said
"I'll miss her." Mariah said
"Me too baby. I'll miss your mommy too."
"We all will." Serena said while rubbing her belly. Any day now my granddaughter will be here and I'm excited to meet her. About twenty minutes later we had a full house and everyone was sitting down and reminiscing about Monica.
"Lana Lana you remember when my mom gave us our first glass of wine?" Zara said laughing
"What she didn't?" Carmen said
"Oh yeah she told us we can only have one glass but we took the whole bottle and ran upstairs the first time we were ever drunk" Alana said laughing.
I've noticed she hasn't shed not one tear since finding out about Monica. I mean I honestly didn't expect her to but damn that was her god mother after all. Not really an issue right now though. I finally got myself together to tackle the bigger issue.
"Did any of y'all see her?" I asked
"Yeah I did. It barely looked like her but I saw her matching tattoo and your name on her so I knew it was her." Carmen said
"Yeah I hoped that it was quick and painless. That eighteen wheeler tracker slid off and slammed right into them and they were going down the interstate so." Alonzo said
"Damn man this shit seems so unreal!" Levi said frustrated
"Don't I know it! Monica was only 48 years old man. She was so fucking young and she won't get to meet her granddaughter or watch Mariah grow." I said
"It just doesn't seem real.  I talked to mom this morning she was going to get her hair done. This is just so weird." Zara said
Alana just nodded her head then got up and excused herself to the kitchen. I looked down at Mariah who hadn't let me go since she got here and hugged her tightly. Mariah barely had her mother and now she won't have her but I won't let her forget Monica. I heard the front door open and I saw Terrence walk in the house. He walked over to Zara and gave her a kiss on the cheek and then went to Serena and gave her a kiss as well.
"I'm so sorry about Monica. I didn't know her that well but I will miss her." Terrence said looking around
"Thanks man." Levi said
"Thanks baby." Zara said
Terrence squeezed her shoulders and kissed her one more time before standing up. He walked to Mariah and hugged her and gave her a kiss on her forehead.
"I'm going to make me something quick to eat I rushed here the moment I got the voicemail."
"Okay." I said
He walked into the kitchen where Alana was and I got up to go in there. I heard them talking then he went to hug her. He was rubbing on her back before Alana pushed him away from her. She sat down on the kitchen counter as Terrence walked around and made him a bowl of cereal. I don't know why I'm ease dropping but here I am. Not that I have anything to worry about but Terrence is a sneaky man.
"So how are you feeling?" Terrence asked her
"Is it bad that I'm not sad. It's like yeah Monica is gone but I'm not hurt about it and I kinda don't care much.." Alana said "does that make me a bad person?"
Terrence chuckled then shook his head. "Stop you're gonna make me laugh.. but No it doesn't make you a bad person. You grew to hate Monica even though she was your god mother you slept with her husband and then it went downhill from there."
"There is that. I just feel bad for the girls though I wouldn't know how to feel if it was my mom."
"Yeah I feel you. I would lose my shit when my parents die.."
"Yeeeaaaah same with Chandler. He's getting on in age and I'm like so fucking scared now i don't know what ima do." Alana said
"He's gonna outlive us so you have nothing to worry about but aye I need to talk to you about something later." Terrence said
"Wassup now?"
"I'll tell you when we talk but like later tonight please if that's okay with you."
"I could find you tonight no problem at all.. now let's get back to the family."
I heard Alana walking towards my way and I walked towards her. I picked her up and carried her back towards the counter. I saw Terrence side eye me but he continued to walk out the kitchen. I kissed Alana long and hard. She wrapped her arms around me but she pulled back from me.
"You good?" Alana asked
"Yeah. I just need your kisses right now. Mmmmm I love you so much baby and I'm not dying any time soon." I whispered in her ears
"You were ease dropping!" Alana scolded
She popped me on the arm then gave me one last kiss before getting down off the counter. I smirked at her then nodded.
"Yeah."
"You heard what I said?" Alana asked nervously. She was biting her lip and shifting from foot to foot.
"Yeah I heard you and I don't blame you for feeling that way. Y'all two ended on the wrong foot so I expected nothing more honestly."
"Well that makes me feel a little better considering the fact that y'all are so sad and I'm just here."
"It's fine Alana." I said
I guided her out the kitchen and we made it back to the living room. I sat down next to Serena and kissed the top of her head. Serena was wincing and moving around. It was like she couldn't get comfortable.
"You good Serena?" I asked
"Yeah I'm okay she's being very active right now and kicking me in the ribs."
I put my hand on her stomach and rubbed it for her she sat back and tried to relax. We were all talking when the doorbell rang.
"I wonder who that is." Alana said getting up from the couch.
"Me too." I said walking behind her.
We both went to the door and to say I'm shocked and pissed all the way off.
"What the fuck?" Alana said getting behind me
"How the fuck?" I said
"Oh you didn't hear? She ain't tell y'all?" He said with a sarcastic tone
"No!" Alana said
"Tell us what?!"
"She dropped the charges and there wasn't enough evidence to keep me there. I'm out just in time to see my baby be born" Derek said smiling at us.
"SERENA NICOLE!!! What the entire fuck!!!" I yelled
Tonight just couldn't get any fucking better.

Lol sorry y'all.. a lot has been going on but i will try and update more