Damon's Dream

(Damon's POV)

"Here. I brought us some lemonade." Kaydence smiled as she brought out two glasses.

I smirked as I looked her up and down. She was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. If Scarlett looked like her then I was going to have some trouble in my future. She took a seat at the table on the patio outside. It was a lovely day so we chose not to stay inside.

Sterling was running through the grass with Jet chasing behind him. He occasionally took a break to play on the playground I had built for him. My mind was blown that this all was mine. How did I get so lucky? Words could not describe how grateful I am for the blessings that have come to me in the last year.

"What are you thinking about?" Kaydence asked as she looked at me curiously.

"Just how amazing you are Love." I responded.

I could see her cheeks go red as she blushed. I loved that I could still make her blush as much as I did from day one. I never felt love towards any woman before her. Melissa and I had just been good friends, we never were in a relationship or in love. Love was something I really didn't want to deal with.

I didn't want the drama that came with it. I hired escorts to accompany because people would be shocked to see me alone and it would become news for some reason. Escorts at least kept it professional and then they would leave. Well most of them were professional, there were a few who tried to take it further and then were insulted when I refused.

Women had been drawn to me because of who I was and my looks. Any of them that I actually tried to date when I was younger got annoying quick. They would agree with anything and everything just to keep me around. It was too easy and that was a problem for me.

But Kaydence was different. She has a fire inside of her that drew me in. She challenges me, not to be difficult but so she can help me. She's someone I sensed I could grow with. It felt like we could conquer the world together if we tried.

"Well thank you." She smiled and then picked a grape up from the plate of food. She stuck it in her mouth and began to eat it.

"What's on the agenda for the week?" I asked.

"Nothing." She answered. "We'll just stay in this moment forever."

"What do you mean?" I looked at her slightly confused. "We have responsibilities. We can't just sit here forever."

"You'll see." She smiled.

I disregarded her comment and turned my attention back to see what Sterling was doing. I watched as he climbed up the playground and went down the slide. He then came running up to Kaydence and I.

"Mommy! Daddy! Did you see me go down?" He asked excitedly.

"Yeah buddy. Good job." I praised him.

Jet came running behind him with a ball in his mouth. Sterling took the ball and threw it as far as he could. Jet ran off in a hurry to chase the ball. I glanced down at my watch and noticed it was almost dinner time.

"I'm going to see what Rose is working on for us." I spoke as I got up from the chair I was sitting in.

"Okay." Kaydence nodded.

I went through the outside doors that led to the kitchen. I looked around and no one was in here. That striked me as strange. Rose was always on time with meals unless I requested to have her hold off.

"Rose!" I hollered her name to bring her into here.

I waited a few moments and no one had come into the kitchen. I decided I would go and ask Kaydence if she had seen her. When I exited I noticed Kaydence was not where she was just minutes ago. I walked around to see if maybe she had followed Sterling around somewhere. But they both were nowhere to be found.

They were just here a moment ago, how could they just up and disappear so quickly? Especially with Jet at their side. He wasn't exactly a quiet dog so this was out of the ordinary. What the hell was going on here?

I walked back into the house.

"Kaydence? Rose? Sterling?" I shouted loudly as I walked through the kitchen and into the hallway.

No one answered. I continued my search to see where they may have gone. I checked the living room and then I climbed the stairs. Things were quiet, before that was how I preferred it but not now. I was used to this mansion having some life to it with Kaydence and Sterling.

I reached the hallway that held all of our rooms. I opened my bedroom door and noticed no one was in here. I closed it and then moved on to see if maybe they were hiding in Sterling's room. I reached his bedroom door and turned the knob. When I opened the door my confusion only grew and I felt a sudden sadness in myself.

The room had looked as it did before I had it decorated. There were some books and a couple chairs. This didn't look like Sterling's room at all. I shut the door and decided to peek into Scarlett's nursery. It was the same thing. It was as if nothing had been touched.

I went back to my room. I checked the closets and only found mine was full. The house was back to the quiet. Like Kaydence had never entered my life. I felt a pang in my heart as I tried to process what the hell was going on. I didn't want the quiet, I didn't want to be left alone here!

I walked into the bathroom. Things were strange and I just needed a moment to clear my head. I turned on the faucet of the water and cupped my hands together. I threw the water on my face. Then I grabbed the hand towel and dried my face.

I looked in the mirror and noticed I looked pale. Then my eyes landed on my blood stained white button up shirt. I could feel the confusion and panic build within me. I lifted the shirt up to see blood coming from my body.

It was like my brain connected the dots. Things were strange because this wasn't my reality. This was like I was stuck in a dream, a dream I couldn't wake myself up from no matter how much I tried. I even went as far as to give myself a slap. But it did nothing. I could feel that something bad had happened to me and it was serious.

"Damon, don't die on me. Heaven can wait, I still need you here with me." I heard Kaydence's voice as if she was right beside me. Except I was alone here.

Then everything went black.