You Copycat

"What about this one?" Damon asked as he stood by a silver Land Rover SUV.

"I don't know." I bit my lip. I didn't expect that he would find somewhere with this many options.

"Do you see anything that you like at least?" he questioned as he moved away from the vehicle. "You can literally have any car you want Love."

I looked around the lot. I thought this would be easier to be honest. I thought I would see something quickly and then be on my way. Now that I was actually here though I had no idea what to go for. I looked around the lot some more before a midnight blue one caught my eye. I began to walk over to it and Damon followed behind me.

"I like the look of this one." I spoke after looking the car over.

"This one? Are you sure?" Damon asked as he looked between the midnight blue BMW and me. It was similar to his but a little bigger.

"Yes. Let's test this one." I answered a little more confidently now.

"As you wish Love." Damon waved over the dealer so that we could test drive the car. "We want to test this one." he spoke once the man helping us had come over.

"Yes sir. I'll go get the keys for it." The dealer practically ran inside.

"Just remember you don't have to pick on today." Damon reminded me. "We can take our time if you would prefer."
"I know." I responded as the dealer approached us once more.

I got behind the wheel of the car and Damon sat beside me in the passenger seat. It was an odd change, I had never driven with him. I noticed he was looking everything over in the car. I knew if it got his approval then it must be a good choice. I learned shortly after arriving at this car lot that Damon was very picky when it came to cars.

I started the car and drove out of the parking lot. It had been awhile since I last drove anywhere so I was a little nervous. Once I was on the road and moving with traffic my nerves eased. It was like riding a bike, you never quite forget how to do it.

We drove a few blocks. We remained in silence as Damon listened to the motor. I drove it around for a good twenty minutes before reaching the car lot again. I actually enjoyed myself driving this car. I was comfortable in the seat and it drove nicely.

"Well?" Damon asked as I parked the car. "What do you think?"

"I think that this is the one I want to go with." I answered. "It might be because I'm used to yours but this just feels comfortable to me."

"So this is the one you want then?" He looked at me as he waited for me to confirm if this is the one I would be taking home.

"Yes." I nodded.

"You copycat." He smirked as he teased. "Like my car so much you had to go get yourself one too."

"Shut up." I glared at him. "Or I'll just start walking everywhere."

He let out a chuckle before getting out of the car. "We'll take this one." he spoke to the dealer.

I exited the car and stood by Damon. "Okay, we just need to do the paperwork and we'll get you all set!" The dealer had a satisfied smile from making his sale. Not that he did much of the work, Damon had come in here with options he knew I would like.

"Perfect. While we do that I expect everything to be thoroughly cleaned." Damon responded.

"Of course!" The dealer spoke up and then proceeded to give some other staff members orders to make sure the car was spotless.

We went inside the dealership to the guys office. We began the long process of filing out the paperwork and getting everything needed for me to be able to drive it off the lot. We ended up finishing up before the car was ready for me though. Damon decided it would be a good idea to kill some time by actually getting lunch.

We arrived at a restaurant not too far from the dealership. We got seated immediately and quickly placed our orders. I ended up getting some chicken strips with fries and Damon got himself a hamburger. This wasn't a fancy restaurant which I was okay with. Sometimes it was nice to go to restaurants that didn't have super fancy dishes and dress codes.

"So when are you talking to your dad?" I asked while we waited for our food.

Things were still slightly tense from last night. But it was more of me who was still irritated with Damon a little bit. He had really hit a nerve when he tried to blame my concerns on my hormones from the pregnancy. He had apologized sincerely and I was willingly to overlook it as long as he actually sat down with Martin.

He let out a sigh. "I haven't quite figured it out." Damon shifted in his chair as he spoke. He knew I expected him to have an answer for me.

"Damon, you promised in the kitchen you would talk to him and I'm holding you to it." My tone was stern. "Now I'll ask you one more time to give me a better response, when are you talking with your dad?"

"I have meetings today and tomorrow. My schedule is a little more open Friday so that's the best option." he answered. I could tell he still was annoyed he had to do this but he at least attempted to hide it.

"Good. I want to know the details of the conversation when you get home." I responded.

"Of course Love." Damon nodded. He could sense I was still not thrilled with him right now so he was trying his best to get back on my good side.

The waiter brought our food and we began to eat. The chicken strips were phenomenal. It felt like it had been forever since I have had something like this. It was simple but delicious.

After lunch we made our way back to the dealership to pick up my new car. It was brand new so there weren't very many miles on it. It was sitting outside in the front when we arrived. I could tell that they had taken their time to clean the outside of it for me as well. By the amount of effort on the outside I knew the inside had to be just as clean.

"Well, here we are." Damon parked his car next to mine. "Max is still going to be around you though."

"I know." I nodded.

I got out of Damon's car to get into mine. The dealer had been standing by to inspect the work and to hand me the keys. "Here you are Mrs. Tipton." he smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled in return as I took the keys. I unlocked the car and got inside. This was all mine now.