We Aren't Exactly Gentle

Damon had to go at least one more round with me before he was satisfied. Once he was finished we laid cuddled up against each other. My head was on his chest as we let our bodies have a rest. "I love you." I smiled before placing a kiss on his chest.

"I love you too." he responded as he stroked my back up and down with his fingers.

I sat up in the bed. "I'll be right back, I need to go to the bathroom." I spoke before hurrying off to the bathroom.

I did my business and noticed bright red on the toilet paper. I could feel my heart beat faster as panic began to set in. I finished up and made my way back into the bed room. Damon's face began to grow a look of concern as he saw the worry on mine.

"What's wrong Love?" he asked as he got out of the bed.

I looked up at him blankly. "There was blood when I went to the bathroom Damon."

The color in his face drained and he now had a panicked look of his own. "Get dressed we're getting you checked out." he ordered as he went to the closet to get some clothes.

"Okay." I nodded.

He handed me a change of clothes and then went back for his own. Once we were dressed he held my hand tightly as we went to the car. He wasted no time and went speeding out of the driveway. He held my hand tightly as he focused on the road. Thankfully the hospital wasn't very far away.

"Do you have any pain or anything?" he asked. I could tell inside he was freaking out but on the outside he remained calm.

"No." I answered.

He sped the entire way to the hospital. We parked at the end with the women's and children's section. He still held my hand tightly as we went inside of the hospital doors. We needed the fourth floor and the elevator felt like it was taking forever to finally come down.

Once the doors opened we got inside and pressed the button for the needed floor. It ascended quickly and we hurried to the desk with the nurse. Damon's grip on my hand tightened as we stood there to explain why we were here.

"What seems to be the problem?" The young nurse asked as she looked me over.

"I went to the bathroom and there was some blood." I explained as calmly as I could. "I'm only about thirty weeks and some days."

"Okay." The nurse nodded.

The nurse then proceeded to ask me various questions to get me check in. She took my weight and everything. Once finished she guided us back to one of the rooms where they had me give a urine sample to determine if it was just blood when I peed. There was no blood this time when I went to the bathroom.

They had me change into one of the hospital gowns and then hooked me up to a machine to monitor Scarlett's heartbeat and movements. Damon pulled a chair up and sat right next to me. I could tell he was scared and I was too. What if something was wrong with her?

"We've contacted Dr. Hyde. He will be here shortly to check things out further. Until then we'll be outside monitoring things." the nurse spoke before leaving the room.

"Are you doing okay? Do you need anything?" Damon asked as he looked me over with concern.

"I'm doing okay. Hearing her heart and feeling her has helped me relax a little bit." I glanced at the machine monitoring her. "How are you holding up?"

"Just doing my best to be here for you both." he responded. "No matter what we've got this right? Thirty weeks means she's at least to the point she has a fighting chance if she has to be born today right?"

"Yes. She has a good chance of surviving if something is actually wrong." I nodded.

Dr. Hyde entered the room. "Hello. How are we doing?" he asked as he got gloves and everything on to check me out.

"Doing alright." I answered.

"Good. Let's get to the bottom of this then shall we." Dr. Hyde spoke as he started the process of checking me out.

Dr. Hyde proceeded to do an examination on me. He then had a nurse bring in the machine to do an ultrasound. He was doing his best to pinpoint exactly what had caused this. Finally he had finished and had the nurse take the machine out.

"Well, the good news is she is definitely head down." Dr. Hyde spoke as he looked between Damon and I. "There also is no bleeding coming from the uterus. Did you guys have sex?"

I couldn't help but blush with how straight forward the question was. I noticed Damon shifted uncomfortably. "Well, yeah." Damon was the one who finally answered.

Dr. Hyde nodded. "Well, that's already a sensitive area and with pregnancy definitely doesn't help that. It appears that the bleeding is just from intercourse. I would advise that maybe for the rest of the pregnancy try to ease up on any roughness."

My hand immediately went to my forehead. "Oh god I feel so embarrassed now."

"Don't be. This happens more than you think. It's always better to be safe rather than sorry." Dr. Hyde reassured. "Do you have any further questions for me?"

"No. Not at this time. Thank you." I answered.

"Okay. I'll have the nurse get you discharged." Dr. Hyde then left the room, leaving Damon and I alone.

"So it was just because of sex then?" Damon seemed baffled at the thought. "I didn't realize that was a thing."

"I mean I've heard about it. It just didn't occur to me." I spoke up. "It doesn't exactly help that we aren't exactly gentle."

"Well, then I'm not going to touch you for the next ten weeks." I could tell he was joking but part of him was slightly serious.

"Oh please. Good luck with that." I teased. "You have enough trouble keeping your hands off of me."

He placed a gentle kiss on my lips. "You're probably right. I guess I'll just have to be more gentle with you for now."

His lips were still near mine. I took the opportunity to plant a kiss of my own on him. "I'm definitely okay with you being gentle you know." I smiled slightly. "Besides after she's born and I recover you can go back to taking me however you want."

A devilish smirk crossed his lips. "Looks like I have some time to come up with new ideas Love. Better take the time to prepare yourself because the longer I have to hold myself back the more intense it will be later."