𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊. a shining star in the darkest sky

❝ what color is the wedding dress for that? ❞

         A MUNDANE DAY was a concept Olivia was too familiar of

A MUNDANE DAY was a concept Olivia was too familiar of. It's quite shocking considering her field of work. She examines crime scenes, surrounds herself with death and gore, and figures out the psychological makeup of some of the nation's most sick and twisted beings in order to detain them. To the average civilian, Olivia's days were anything but mundane. She's grown accustomed to the wickedness she sees on an almost daily basis. However, as of lately, she's felt as if she's lost the novelty of it all.

It wasn't because she was becoming dubiously comfortable with all the nefarious things she hears. It was simply because nothing ever changes. A horrible murder happens, the BAU comes in to help solve the case, they find and imprison the criminal (on copious occasions), then Olivia goes home feeling like shit. She rarely sleeps because she sometimes thinks about the victims and how cruel the last few moments of their lives were.

Her personal life played a factor to the tedious cycle in her life. She absolutely loves the twins and Elijah, but nothing new really ever happens — they're all aware of it, too. Elijah stays the night sometimes and they happily hang out together and the twins are either at a friend's house or locked inside their rooms. It wasn't that she wasn't happy with her life or job — she was — she just wished something a little more compelling or happy happened as a beautiful contrast to her everyday routine.

         Nevertheless, Olivia prepared herself for another dull, yet gruesome and shitty day. Emily Prentiss stood in front of the television screen at the round table, presenting the team's newest case. In Plymouth, New Hampshire, a married couple was shot and killed in their own home. However, the couple's daughter, Ruby, was missing. Their current theory was that the unsub had some sort of relationship with the family.

Olivia examined Grace and Kellan Butler's bedroom. Pools of blood were dried up on the bedsheets and pillows. She looked inside the closet and knew something seemed suspicious. She went into Ruby's room where she found Emily to let her know about her findings. She started to explain, "So, I looked at the rest of the house. Something wasn't right. Tara told me that Grace had some issues — money issues, specifically."