𝒙𝒗. first case back

❝ baby steps

❝ baby steps. ❞

         AFTER A FEW very long months, the BAU was back from their hiatus and they were permitted to come back to work

AFTER A FEW very long months, the BAU was back from their hiatus and they were permitted to come back to work. Olivia — along with JJ, Spencer, Luke, Rossi, and Penelope — stood in the conference room of the BAU, catching up on things they've all missed. The team's attention averted to Emily who walked in with Tara and Matt. Emily smiled at them, "It's so great to see all of your faces again. I have a couple of announcements, please hold your applause until I'm done. As you have obviously heard, Dr. Spencer Reid has been fully reinstated. Welcome back, Spence."

The team smiled as Penelope cheered, "Woo-hoo, yes! Oh, that's not the end, is it? Carry on."

Emily continued, "I would also like to thank the newest member of our team, Matt Simmons, for holding down the fort when we were on the sidelines. IRT's loss is our gain. So welcome aboard, Matt."

"Thank you. It's great to be here, guys." He nodded.

"Was that the end?" Penelope excitedly asked. Emily confirmed, "That is the end." Penelope cheered again as the team began to clap, radiant smiles apparent on their faces. "Okay, let's get started." Emily said as the team sat in their seats around the round table. Penelope walked towards the big screen in the room, "Ah, allow me to provide the unhappy transition to the sad part of our day job."

She continued as she pressed the button on her remote, pictures from the case showing up and the team reading their files. "Okay, uh, yesterday afternoon in Naples, Florida, two bicyclists stumbled upon 26-year-old Ann Baker. She had been put in a suitcase and left by the side of the road."

"Disarticulated?" JJ asked.

"I hate that I now what that word means. No, she was in one piece. Police found this in Ann Baker's apartment." She told, clicking a button on her remote that revealed a picture of her kitchen. Spencer noticed, "She was getting ready for dinner. Food was chopped and pans were ready."

Luke added on, "A special dinner. It looks like wine, candles flowers, the works." Matt commented, "Table for two." Rossi examined the photo on the screen, "Maybe her dining partner suddenly acquired an appetite for something else."