𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. mummies and mommy issues

❝ are you working on getting the fourth mrs

❝ are you working on getting the fourth mrs. david rossi? ❞

         RIDING THE JET to South Carolina for what seemed like a cold case was the BAU

RIDING THE JET to South Carolina for what seemed like a cold case was the BAU. A couple recently found a bunch of mummified bodies that were hidden in the walls and floor of their starter home. Rossi, being the closest one to South Carolina because of his time off, checked it out and suggested that the team should, too. "So, as far as anyone knows, Karl and Dorothy Elgin lived totally isolated. No kids, no family, no friends." JJ read from the information on her tablet.

"50 years. I mean, they had to have some interaction with other people." Luke thought. Emily got off the phone with Rossi and turned to face the team, "5 bodies and counting, all young females. Coroner says the victims have been there for a while."

         "Are we looking at a husband and wife killing team here? It's rare, but it does happen." Olivia questioned. "In England, Rosemary West assisted her husband, Fred, in the murder of 12 individuals over a 20-year span without detection." Spencer informed.

         "Dorothy Elgin could be a homegrown version of that — female accommodating the psychopathic urges of the man." Emily stated. "Okay, but why mummify? Forensic countermeasure maybe?" JJ wondered. "Throwing the bodies in a swamp would have been a better forensic countermeasure." Luke counterclaimed.

         Tara agreed, "Luke's right. It was a deliberate choice to preserve those corpses, keep the victims close to home." Spencer suggested, "Maybe the killer thought he was sending the bodies into the future. Ancient Egyptians believed the souls of the deceased would return from the afterlife to re-inhabit their original bodies, so the human form was kept in tact and recognizable."

         "There's also a literal covering up of the crime here, and that says remorse." Matt commented. Emily started giving out tasks, "Matt, JJ, go to the local Sheriff's Department, help then prepare for the media frenzy that's coming down the pike. Luke, Liv, you two and I will meet Rossi at the crime scene. Reid, Tara, go to the nursing home, see if you can talk to Dorothy Elgin. If anyone knows the secrets of that house, it's her."