𝒗𝒊𝒊. happy birthday

❝ you're really worried about reid, huh? ❞

         OLIVIA WALKED INSIDE the bullpen of the BAU

         OLIVIA WALKED INSIDE the bullpen of the BAU. She pushed open the glass door, being greeted with the usual smell of coffee grounds and the sounds of different footsteps. Earlier, she received a text from Emily stating that they were going to have a meeting at the round table. So, she stepped inside the burgundy painted room, immediately being welcomed by the high-pitched whistle noises that drowned out the chatter from the bullpen. While so, colorful little pieces of paper were thrown in the air as radiant smiles surrounded the Griffins girl, and the aroma of a freshly-baked chocolate desert that had a few lit candles caught Olivia's attention.

         "Happy birthday!"

         Each member of the team walked over to Olivia and hugged her as they muttered sweet birthday messages to her. They began cutting the cake and handing out the slices. Euphoric waves washed over everyone as they were only enjoying themselves. They weren't worrying about an unsub, they weren't looking at someone's lifeless body, they weren't almost risking their lives. It was a nice feeling.

         "Reid wanted to celebrate your birthday with the rest of us, but he couldn't make it." Emily told. Garcia added, "Yeah. But he picked out the cake!"

         "It's okay. He stopped by the other day, it's fine." Olivia mentioned.

         "I wanted to get you balloons, but I thought it might've been too much." Penelope smiled. Olivia responded, "I would've loved it. It wouldn't have been a problem, don't worry." Penelope's expression fell as she turned to the person next to her. "Newbie," She mumbled as if it was a curse. She then continued, "I knew she would've liked it! I shouldn't have even listened to you. I knew her longer, I know what she likes. I can't believe I didn't get the balloons."

         Luke suppressed a smile as he held his hands up in defense, "Hey, it was just a suggestion. You were the one who went along with it." Penelope rolled her eyes, "Ugh, whatever, New Guy."

         Emily's phone started ringing and she excused herself to take it. Rossi followed her, having a gut-feeling that it wasn't going to be good. The rest of the team relocated the small celebration to the bullpen as JJ kept her gift for Olivia by her desk and wanted to deliver it to her, and the team followed out of curiosity.