𝒙𝒙. dinner party redux

❝ i don't know, spence, i don't think it's my place to tell you

❝ i don't know, spence, i don't think it's my place to tell you. ❞

         "YOU REALLY WEREN'T kidding when you said you'd ask Rossi to throw another dinner party, huh?" Olivia asked as she sat in Emily's office

         "YOU REALLY WEREN'T kidding when you said you'd ask Rossi to throw another dinner party, huh?" Olivia asked as she sat in Emily's office. The team had just finished up a case about a mysterious hum in Taos, New Mexico, and most of the members already went home. Olivia stayed behind when she offered any help Emily might need with paperwork, or anything of the sort. Emily only let her stay to let her know about Rossi's dinner party they haven't told the rest of them team about yet.

          She nodded, a mischievous grin on her face, "Yeah, I told you. So you better bring this mystery person you're seeing, for the sake of my sanity." Olivia tilted her head at her, "Emily, since when have you been so invested in things like this?"

         "Okay, listen, the past couple years back here have changed me. And plus, you're like a sister to me, isn't this what sisters do? They pry into each other's lives, right?" Emily questioned. Olivia grinned at her, "Actually, yes, my sister never shuts up about my love life. But only because she likes to make fun of it."

          Emily chuckled, "Well, I will be expecting your mystery lover tomorrow night." She teasingly smiled at her. Olivia rolled her head back before looking at her again, "Em, it's just been a few dates."

         "How many is a few dates?" She asked.

         "Like six." Olivia mumbled. Emily gasped, "Six dates, that's so many! Liv, six? And not once have you told anyone here about it. And wow, has it really been that long? They're practically your significant other by now." Emily thought.

         "It just feels a little awkward, you know. Especially because of . . . Spence, and I just don't want things to be weird between anybody." Olivia explained. The Prentiss woman nodded, understanding where she was coming from. She personally didn't think it would've been much of a problem, since Reid was on his mandatory sabbatical. But still, she then changed the subject before the two finally decided to go home.