𝒗𝒊. a really great gift

❝ yeah, it was very clever

❝ yeah, it was very clever. ❞

         AS THEY ALWAYS do, the team sat at the BAU round table as Penelope introduced a new case to them

         AS THEY ALWAYS do, the team sat at the BAU round table as Penelope introduced a new case to them. They were expecting Spencer to come to work that day after adjusting to his mom living with him. Garcia pressed the buttons on her remote as a map of their next location appeared on the screen. "Palm Springs, California. A playground to Hollywood, currently a horror scene. One male torso, unidentifiable, if it wasn't for a woman who had some car trouble, no one would have ever found the body. And the coroner on site said that the dismemberment probably happened postmortem." She informed in a petrified manner.

         "The 2004 torso murders here in D.C. are still unsolved." Emily noted. Rossi chimed in, "We profiled the unsub in that case removed body parts as a forensic countermeasure to prevent IDing the victims. We figured he must've gotten locked up on another case."

         JJ remarked, "Well, he may be back and taunting us. Any potential victims on the local missing persons list?"

         "So far, there's been no reports of a missing male there in the last month." Penelope responded.

         "So, no missing persons and a chopped up body we cannot identify. Is Robert Durst in town?" Tara commented. "Nope." The team heard a voice say. Spencer walked in the room, continuing, "He's serving seven years on a weapons charge. Sorry I'm late guys, traffic was bad."

         "Any ID on the torso victim?" Emily asked. Penelope answered, "Uh, they don't have enough of him to do a query with the National Missing and Unidentified Persons Database."

         "He made a real effort to pull off permanent concealment." JJ voiced.

         "That could indicate a known link between the unsub and the victim." Tara suggested.

         Olivia spoke, "Or he hoped to hide the fact that a killer had just arrived in town."

         "It strikes me that he must be familiar with the area. I mean, you don't murder someone out in the desert and then bring the body back into a populated area." Emily told.