𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗. bad memories and urban legends

❝ what you did was amazing, and i look up to you

❝ what you did was amazing, and i look up to you. ❞

         THE TEAM GATHERED around the round table in the conference room as JJ was the one presenting the case

         THE TEAM GATHERED around the round table in the conference room as JJ was the one presenting the case. This one is in East Allegheny, JJ's hometown, so they just thought it would be better for her to present the case since she has more knowledge about the area. "Last night, three teenage girls went searching for the Tall Man. It's a regional ghost story. According to the survivor recovered this morning, they found him." JJ explained. Penelope put the pictures up of Ally Macready, the survivor, on the screen. Dried blood was smeared all over her hands and arms and was spattered around her face.

"She looks like she just went through hell. Did she say what happened?" Luke asked. Penelope replied, "That would be Ally Macready, and according to her, the Tall Man held them and cut them repeatedly."

JJ began explaining, "Yeah, that is consistent with the legend. So the Tall Man is your classic don't-go-into-the-woods dare. Survive the night, you survive him. He catches you, he cuts you until you reveal your deepest secrets."

"Let's go back to the victims for a second. Did they sneak out or did their parents know?" Matt asked. Penelope answered, "They told their parents that they were going to a party, and they actually did." Matt thought about it, "Okay, so then off the bat we have two theories about the unsub. One is that he knew they were planning this."

"Which puts him in the girls' inner circle." Rossi followed along. Matt nodded, "Exactly. Or two, he waited in the woods opportunistically. But that strategy only works if he plays the odds right. So, how far reaching is this ghost story?"

"Maybe I can answer that." Penelope stated, displaying pictures of the depictions the Tall Man on the screen. "The story JJ grew up with, it's gone viral, and the photoshop work is on fleek."

"Tall Man is a story. What happened to these girls is real. The first 24 hours are crucial in an abduction case, and we are now down to 18. Let's move." Emily said, as they all grabbed their files and grabbed their go-bags from their desks as they all met each other at the tarmac.