𝒙. the chicago cubs and hope

❝ tell him it's beautiful

❝ tell him it's beautiful. tell him i love it. ❞

         IT'S ALREADY BEEN weeks since Spencer was placed in the Millburn Correctional Facility

         IT'S ALREADY BEEN weeks since Spencer was placed in the Millburn Correctional Facility. The team had been following Penelope's visitation chart except for Olivia. She would let someone else take her day. And it wasn't because she didn't want to see him, it was just because she doesn't think she could bring herself to see him in one of his most vulnerable states. Today was supposed to be Penelope's day to see him, but she was needed in the BAU, so Olivia was the one to take her spot.

         She was seated on the visitor's side of the table, where plexiglass panes surrounded the sides of the small barrier in between the visitor and inmate. Olivia looked down at her hands, fidgeting with them as she waited to see Spencer. She played with the rings worn around her fingers; rings she's owned for years, rings she bought in London, and the ring that reminds her of both Anna and also Spencer. The same ring he returned to her for her birthday after revealing he's kept it all these years.

         Spencer walked behind one of the other inmates, but picking up his pace a little when his eyes landed on Olivia. Everyone has already visited him except for her and he was disappointed, but his mood quickly changed when she noticed him and the delighted smile he loved so much grew upon her lips. She stood up as they whispered greetings to each other. They attempted to hug one another, but was interrupted by one of the guards, "No touching."

         When they sat back down, Spencer asked her, "Is everything okay? It's not my mom, is it?" The brunette shook her head, "No. No, she's fine. She's fine, I saw her yesterday. She asked about you. Cassie said she was having a really good day."

         "Where did you, uh, tell her I was?" He asked.

         "Uh, the beach." She answered. Spencer raised his eyebrows a bit, wordlessly asking how she thought to tell her that, considering you would rarely ever find him there. She explained, "Well, she asked if that's where you were. It seemed to make her happy, so. . ."

         He smiled a bit, "Good, okay." The two fell silent for a moment until Olivia asked him, "How are you doing?" He nodded his head, hesitant to answer, "I'm okay. I, uh, I'm really happy to see you. I just. . . I kind of wish you hadn't come. It's not a good idea." He glanced behind him, noticing some of the other prisoners eyeing Olivia.