𝒙𝒊𝒊. interrogating cat adams

❝ i'm really scared this is who i am now

❝ i'm really scared this is who i am now. ❞

         "SPENCIE

"SPENCIE." CAT ADAMS greeted with a smile on her face when Spencer Reid and Olivia Griffins entered the room. The lamps mounted on the walls shined through the predominantly dark room. Having only limited time, Spencer immediately asks her, "Where's my mother?" Completely disregarding his question, she responds, "I missed you." Spencer deadpans, "What did you and Lindsey do to her? How did you-"

         Cat immediately interrupted him as she held her hand out, "Now stop. You don't get to walk in here and hiss at me like I'm the criminal. Now, we do this my way." She quickly kicked the metal chair in front of her, Spencer catching it. "Have a seat." She told him.

         Olivia crossed her arms over her chest and observed as Spencer sat down and Cat watched him. "How was prison? Did you like it?" She asked. "No." He deadpanned. Cat questioned him again, "It's not fun, is it?"

         "Unlike you, I didn't deserve to be there." Spencer stated. Cat leaned forward on the table, "How did you stay sane? A brain like yours needs stimulation in such a grey place." He answered, "I worked in the laundry room and I played chess."

         "That's 3, maybe 4 hours, tops. What about the other 20?" She asked, as if Spencer was the one supposed to be interrogated.

         "I read."

         "That's still not enough." She spoke. "You have to. . . go someplace." She pointed to her head, "Up here. Or else you go crazy. Do you wanna see where I go? I'll show you. Come here."

         He leaned forward as she reached towards his face. Olivia interfered, "No touching." Cat looked at her then back at Spencer as she defied the rules, placing her fingers on him, "Close your eyes." She said. He did what she told. "Good, now keep them shut. Sit back and relax. Now, when you open your eyes, I want you to look at me like I'm the first woman you've seen after being in prison for 3 months. Now, open."

Olivia watched as Spencer opened his eyes and smiled. She had no idea what he saw when his eyes opened. She had no idea that he pictured an elegant room with gold and white accents, candelabras and a chandelier lighting up the place, a gold vase of white flowers, his hair pushed back and him wearing a nice suit as Cat's hair was done and she was wearing a beautiful black dress. "Hello, Cat." He greeted.