𝒊𝒗. treating people with kindness

❝ you could never waste my time

❝ you could never waste my time. ❞

         OLIVIA PICKED UP the twins from a school function one evening

OLIVIA PICKED UP the twins from a school function one evening. She tried talking to them on the car ride home, but they'd just ignore her. Sometimes Oliver said a word or two, but Rosie was completely silent. Olivia wondered how long they were going to keep being hostile towards her. She missed actually getting along and spending time with them. She didn't know how or why they started acting attitudinal towards her. The twins were also always above average in their classes. But around the same time they started being mad at Liv, their grades dropped as well. She thought that maybe when they arrived home, it wouldn't hurt to ask what's going on with them.

Rosie tried rushing up the stairs to her bedroom as Oliver was behind her, in a slower pace. "Stop." Olivia told Rosie. The blonde did and turned her head, facing Liv. "Will you guys ever tell me what's happening with the two of you?"

          The two fifteen year olds glanced at one another before furrowing their eyebrows at Olivia. They didn't say anything so she spoke again, "You've been acting distant from me for almost two years and I don't even know what I did, or what I didn't do. And I think we should talk about it."

         "Yeah, I don't think we're gonna do that." Rosie retaliated.

"And why not?" Olivia asked. Rosie sighed, already being irritated by the conversation. "Fine, since you wanna know so badly, we know you're the reason why mom was killed." She stepped down one of the steps on the staircase. "We know that she was taken and she died because of you."

Olivia thought back to the memory of her being abducted by Devin Wyatt. Her and Anna being tied down to those chairs in the dark warehouse. The two of them practically being tortured for hours. And then the painful recollection of Devin's revolver pointed at his head with Anna's right next to his, committing a murder-suicide. When Anna passed and Olivia told the twins that she died, she never really explained it to them. Which she admits is her fault. She should've at least told them the truth and dwelled on the topic a little more. She thought she was protecting them, but she sees now that she was only hurting them. And because she didn't tell them, the twins found out and got mad at her.