𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. linda barnes

❝ but the BAU is the reason why i'm a better agent now

❝ but the BAU is the reason why i'm a better agent now. ❞

         PREVIOUSLY ON THE last case the team has worked on, they were called back in immediately after finishing up a different case

PREVIOUSLY ON THE last case the team has worked on, they were called back in immediately after finishing up a different case. JJ had just gotten back from her meeting with Assistant Director Linda Barnes and she wasn't quite exactly ecstatic over the news she heard. When the team was being briefed on their case, Emily stated that she wasn't going to be coming along as she also had a meeting with Linda Barnes, and instead JJ would be the acting head of the BAU for the time being. Throughout the entire time, Barnes just wanted to bring down Emily and the team all knew it. Sure, JJ would love to be Unit Chief for the BAU, but she didn't wanted to earn that title for her work, not like this.

After the end of aforementioned case, the team arrived back to the BAU, where Emily made an announcement to the team at the round table. "I have an announcement to make. I have been suspended from active duty." Emily said. "I've turned in my badge and my gun." The news definitely hit everyone like a truck. Aaron Hotchner rightfully gave the position to Emily, and Barnes took it away as if she didn't earn it. The news devastated the team, in all honesty.

"What? I don't understand." Penelope muttered. Reid then asked, "For how long?" Emily answered, "Indefinitely. JJ will continue being Acting Unit Chief, but as of today, Assistant Director Linda Barnes will be personally overseeing the unit."

"Are we under investigation?" Rossi asked. She slightly hesitated answering, "Yes, we are under investigation. And I tried, but with the suspension, I can't protect you. I'm sorry."

Now, in present time, the team sat around the round table again. This time, without Emily. Their demeanor felt more hostile, and it was very well noticeable. The usual optimistic tone in Penelope's voice was gone as she presented the case to the team, "Last night, in St. Louis, 4 roommates were killed in a rental home in what police are calling a robbery turned homicide."

When pictures of the murder appeared on the screen, Luke commented, "It's brutal." Matt agreed, "Yeah, looks like the two sides of his brain were fighting with each other. Left side wanted to rob the place, the right side wanted to cause some destruction."