𝒙𝒊𝒙. reuniting with old friends

❝ it makes me sound like an old man

❝ it makes me sound like an old man. ❞

         EIGHT SHOTS WERE fired from a gun, each bullet hitting the target, but also somehow missing the goal

         EIGHT SHOTS WERE fired from a gun, each bullet hitting the target, but also somehow missing the goal. Olivia sighed as it was the 6th agent to miss every shot. The agent-in-training bashfully glanced at the woman, "I'm sorry, I can do better." They apologized. Olivia shook her head, "No, I know you can. You don't have to apologize." She then called out the next agent's name, "Edison, you're up." Just like the first 6 times, and the first 8 times yesterday and the day before, Agent Edison completely missed all shots on the target. It was surely impossible how they would all miss. The target's not even moving.

"Okay," Olivia announced to all the agents, "Maybe if I demonstrate again, it will help. Just watch what I do." She picked up the gun, aiming it directly to the middle of the target. All her concentration focused on this one task. She pulled the trigger, each bullet impressively piercing through the target of the printed figure of a man feet away from her. "Keep your aim steady. Only take the shot when you are 100 percent confident. Cooper, why don't you try?"

She carefully handed the firearm to Agent Cooper, who mimicked exactly what Olivia did. Their breath was shaky at first, but once they got ahold of themselves, they confidently fired all 8 bullets. A few reaching the goal of the target, but majority hitting around it. Still, it was the best shot Olivia has seen in the two weeks she's been training them. "Yes, good job, Cooper! Okay, Li, you're up next, let's go! Keep practicing."

A breath of relief escaped her lips knowing that at least one of her agents-in-training were doing their absolute best. The Griffins woman then heard the sound of two hands clapping against one another, and she turned around. When her head and body turned, her eyes landed on a familiar, yet so distinct looking man playfully grinning at her. "You know, you've always intimidated others with your precise and somehow perfect shots."

"Well, I don't think I'm intimidating my students." She said, narrowing her eyes at the man, attempting to recognize him. He seemed to notice what she was doing and he scoffed, "Jeez, I know I was assigned to go undercover for the longest time and we had to cut contact, but I didn't think it would take you this long to recognize me."