☾ start of hbp ☽

"what? so your father grounded your brother for staying up past 12 o'clock?" Hermione paused as she looked at me, sitting across from each other on Ron's bed, Ron was in the bathroom rustling around in the cabinets, "well... I think it's rather reasonable, a good night's sleep is important" I chuckled under my breath as Ron ran out of the bathroom towards the stairs, Hermione and I both shared the same confused look as our eyes followed Ron as he ran out the room, "Harry? Did someone say Harry?" he shouted through the house, Hermione and I both looked at each other, rather shocked and we both rushed out, and stood next to Ron, "is Harry here?" I shouted over Ron, "Is that an owl I heard?" Hermione asked rushedly after me.

After Sirius was murdered, Harry had been a little distant, not to say that he shouldn't be, he lost his only family he has left, I couldn't even imagine the type of pain he's been going through. The holidays for us were once again the same, I hung out with my family when I could and would help my little brother with his homework when I had the chance. I also hung out with Hermione and Ron a bit throughout the holidays, it didn't consist of much really, just hanging out in the burrow and talking about anything and everything.

"What a lovely surprise, Why didn't you let us know you were coming?" Mrs. Weasley hugged harry tightly and wrapped him in his arms, he stuttered, "I don't know. Dumbledore" he shrugged his shoulders, "Oh, that man! What would we do without him?"

After we got Harry settled down, the sun went down and the stars put on a show, we found ourselves sitting in Ron's bedroom, with a piece of newspaper spinning in the air, burning to a light crisp to keep us warm, we talked about everything that might be different this year. There has been talk that Dumbledore might be getting too old, and that more and more people are getting worried about sending their children back to Hogwarts, with Voldemort on the move.

The next day, we all visited Diagon alley and took a trip into the Weasley's shop. This shop was filled with everything you could think of, different treats and lollies, pranks, and many different things.

All our eyes lit up as we fiddled with everything in the shop, Hermione, Ginny and I were around the love potions as the twins announced that Ginny was seeing Dean Thomas, it took me by surprise but I can't say I didn't think they looked cute together.

We stood behind the cracked window in the broken Ollivander's, as Ron called us over as he looked out the window, "is it just me or does Draco and mummy look like two people who don't want to be followed?"

I peaked out the window and my eyes were immediately drawn to the blonde hair that belonged to Draco, there was something sly going on around him and his mother, he looked around carefully, his posture tightened as he followed his mother down the dark, gleamy alley.

-

"So what was Draco doing with that weird-looking cabinet? And who were all those people? Don't you see? It was a ceremony. An initiation" Harry sat next to me and Hermione and Ron sat opposite us, Hermione with a book in her hand and Ron had a few lollies from the trolley spread out along the seat beside him,

"Stop it, Harry. I know where you're going with this" Hermione spoke, concern filled her voice as her eyebrows furrowed into a worried look, "it happened. He's one of them"

"one of who?" Ron questioned, sitting up from his seat and fixing his posture, he wiped the crumbs off his shirt and listened closely to our conversation, "Harry's under the impression Draco Malfoy is now a Death Eater" Hermione sneered,

"You're barking. What would You-Know-Who want with a sod like Malfoy?" Ron sort of chuckled as he spoke, "Well, then what's he doing in Borgin and Burkes? Browsing for furniture?" sarcasm underlying harry's words, I shrug my shoulders as I looked around at each one of them "It's a creepy shop. He's a creepy bloke"

"Look, his father is a Death Eater. It only makes sense. Besides, Hermione saw it with her own eyes"

"I told you, I don't know what I saw"

"I need some air" harry got up rather quickly and left the carriage without another word, leaving Hermione, Ron, and myself to look at each other rather weirdly, trying to get each other's sense who how they feel about Harry's discussion.

An hour goes by, and the train made its final stop, the steam filled the crisp night, shining brightly when the moonlight would shine through the night,  "wheres Harry?" Hermione asked looking down the corridor of the train that was emptied quickly, "he's probably on the platform, come on" Ron spoke indicating we should hurry off the train, "I'll meet you guys up there" I say rather quietly, they both share confused looks with their eyebrows furrowed deeply but then returned to the exit of the train.

I didn't exactly know why I stayed back, I knew Harry wouldn't have hoped off alone or without telling us at least, I mean he has been distant but I knew I had to double-check.

I walked through the empty carriages, a few lolly wrappers were sprawled out through the train and somebody had left their wand on the table, I shook my head with a smile knowing some first year will be stressing about this when they realise they have forgotten their wand when they arrive at Hogwarts. I kept walking through the train stepping over lolly wrappers when I spotted Malfoy walking out from the train and walking towards the entrance of Hogwarts, I noticed he slipped his wand in his sleeve and his eyes were darting forwards with his eyebrows furrowed and angry, forming faint lines on his forehead which was covered by his blonde hair slightly. My mind could only think of reasons as to why he was so late hopping off the train but then I saw Luna walking towards the next carriage,

"Luna, hey" I shout, my voice a little quieter as I spoke to her, "oh hi Stella, I didn't see you there" she spoke softly as she turned around, she was wearing these rather quirky glasses, one lens was pink and the other blue, "what are they?" I look up to her glasses,

"oh these? these are Spectrespecs" she turned back rather quickly, kind of cutting off the conversation we were having, she slid open the next carriage of the train,

"so I was wondering if-" I got cut off as Luna pulled out her wand, and pointed it along to the ground "Finite, hello Harry" and with one swish of her wand, Harry was laying on the floor, it looked like his invisibility cloak was covering him, he had dried blood coming from his nose and he looked a little pale, "Luna, how did you know I was there?" harry asked as he stood up he looked my way and smiled lightly, making the edges of his lips curl up, giving me the look that he will tell me what happened later. "Wrapspurts, your heads of full of them" she replied like it was normal.

-