17. 斗争

( ◞•̀д•́)◞◟(•̀д•́◟ )

Learn how to fight alone.

( ◞•̀д•́)◞◟(•̀д•́◟ )

2 weeks later_

Marinette's POV<

I was sitting down in my locker room as I stretch my legs and arm for my competition today.

"Hey there babe!," I look up seeing Alya and Chloe standing there with bouquets and candy bags.

"Awe you guys," I pout and smile happily as they hand me my gifts.

"Anthony almost made it past that person in front of the girls locker room, but of course got caught and was sent back into his seat," Alya laughed.

"Damn I really need his daily pep talk before the match starts," I sighed.

"We got you girl, let's go distract that old lady," Alya nodded to Chloe before walking out the room, I laugh laugh and follow behind them.

As they leave from my sight I hear someone calling my name.

"Marinette!," I look up only to see Adrien with a large bouquet, smiling brightly at me.

"Adrian," I smiled and waved at him.

"These are for you, I got here earlier then last time," he said proudly.

"Great, let me just drop these off inside," I mumbled and walked away before walking back up to him.

"I just came down here to wish you good luck! You're going to do great," he smiled down at me.

"Thanks," I mumbled and looked down at the floor expecting him to leave.

"Aren't you going back in?," Adrien asked.

"Oh, I'm waiting for Anthony," I mumbled.

"Oh, Anthony," he mumbled and stayed quiet or a minute "can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"How did you and Anthony become so close?"

Taken back by his sudden question I laugh lightly "as I said before we were on the same martial arts team and he was the first person to befriend me. He made me feel welcomed and accepted me, and after that we were always put together as opponents since we are very strong in martial arts. One thing led to another and boom we are now best friends," I smiled.

Adrien hummed and sighs.

"Can I be honest with you?"

"Sure," I mumbled.

"What exactly happened to us? I mean- you know-," Adrien stuttered.

"We were super close freshman and beginning of sophomore year but-but when you left, I never heard from you," Adrien looks down at me.

I can feel my chest tighten as his green eyes beg for a truthful answer.

"I mean, you talked to Alya all the time and even became friend with Chloe so I was just wondering if I did anything wrong?"

You did. You hurt me without knowing.

"I-I Adrien-," suddenly I felt someone's arms rap around my neck and pull me into their chest, I look up to see Anthony with paint on his face.

"So you needed my daily pep talk now?," Anthony laughed lightly.

"Anthony-," I groaned.

"It's fine, I'll see you at school Marinette, goodbye," Adrien quickly walks off.