CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: "you weren't mine to lose"

Start from the beginning

He wanted so bad to open his mouth to speak. He wanted so bad to run to the door, hug and kiss him for the last time before he could finally let go, but he didn't do it. He felt deaf, and dumb, and numb as he listened to the seemingly endless knocks of the love of his life.

"Love, w-we talked about this already, right? You should listen to me first b-before deciding things on your own. D-Do not think too much, darling. I-I am here! I could explain everything to you!" Taehyung screamed at the top of his lungs but Jeongguk never listened. He had tears falling on his face. He felt really sleepy, and tired, and plain sad. He had no courage to listen to anyone right now.

Before he knew it, he finally drifted to sleep.

Meanwhile, as Taehyung stood, feeling helpless in front of Jeongguk's door, someone grabbed him by his left arm and another went for his right arm. He was enraged because he felt like he's being harassed, but when he saw a familiar figure walking his way, he stopped resisting. "Father? What is this all about?" he said with his eyebrows almost meeting in anger.

"Do not let him go. Take him to the car," Matthew a.k.a Mr. Kim said, sounding bland with his expressionless face. The two men in black grabbed Taehyung tightly and dragged him to the Jeon's parking place for visitors. Taehyung tried to let go of their grasp but he couldn't because they were strong and trained enough to even lift him.

He was then forced to ride the car with the two men as Mr. Kim followed. Celeste who happened to see it tried to stop his husband with his plan of forcing Taehyung to go home. "What were you doing? If any of these comes out to the media, it will destroy our image and our company will crumble down because of criticisms! Can't you see that your son is getting hurt by these goons!?"

"They aren't goons, honey. I hired these men so they could help me teach our son a lesson. Do not worry, no one saw us when we dragged him here. Butler Albert, I will drive this car. Please assist Celeste instead and take her and Taehyung's car home safely," Matthew commanded and the butler nodded. They both went outside the car and Butler Albert handed Kim Matthew the keys.

Celeste just stared at her husband as he started the engine, a smirk was plastered in his lips. She wasn't impressed, at that moment she just knew her husband wasn't in his sound mind. She watched as the car started moving, leaving tracks on the Jeon's bare lot but escaping its vicinity.

Mr. Jeon was walking towards her direction when the car started moving away. He stood besides Celeste and was confused. "Innit your husband's car?" he asked. Celeste sighed and smiled bitterly at him.

"I think I should go home too. I'm so sorry about the ruckus my husband made. I'll converse with him at home. Please tell Jeongguk that I wish him a happy birthday. Hand this to him," Celeste took something from her bag and handed it to Mr. Jeon. The other was flustered as to what she meant.

"I haven't seen a ruckus, but anyways I would like you to know that I am grateful you attended my son's birthday celebration. I hope you and your husband had fun," Mr. Jeon and showed her a forced smile. Why does it look like he was being sarcastic?

"Nevermind the ruckus I've mentioned. But I am glad you were fine with our company," Celeste said and stared at Butler Albert. "I really need to go or my husband will look for me. Have a lovely night," Celeste said and returned that crooked smile Mr. Jeon tried to portray earlier. Jeongguk's father just nodded and smiled as well.

 Jeongguk's father just nodded and smiled as well