CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: "with you, i'd dance in the storm"

Start from the beginning

After confirming to each other that they are indeed in a relationship that day in the park, Taehyung always had the force to stick around Jeongguk like they were magnets. Of course, Jeongguk was fine with it, although he would want it to happen privately. He's not yet ready to tell everyone else that he's in a relationship, moreover, with a guy. They both think the world wasn't ready for that conversation.

How would their friends react to that? How about their classmates? Their families? During these times that being in a relationship with your same sex was always a taboo, when will they have the courage to finally open up themselves to the society?

"How long will it take you to say it back?" Taehyung asked Jeongguk. The younger tilted his head in complete confusion, never understanding what Taehyung had meant. The older just laughed breathily and dismissed it by shaking his head. He stood and walked towards the direction of the door. "Let's go or we'll be late at the party."

Jeongguk and Taehyung both walked downstairs and they saw Jeongguk's father sitted in the living room. "Don't you two look entrancing?" Mr. Jeon complimented. Taehyung smiled at him like he's the proudest man alive. "Don't forget to take home women tonight!" Mr. Jeon added. They both stopped in their tracks.

Jeongguk stared at his father and laughed awkwardly at him. "It's not in my plans yet, father," Jeongguk said.

"I suppose it is already in Taehyung's list to take home lots of girls tonight. You should look up to him as always, Jeongguk. You are always being left out," Mr. Jeon replied and Jeongguk's face turned into a frown. Taehyung placed his hand on Jeongguk's shoulder to remind him he's doing fine.

"I don't think I look ravishing enough to take home a girl tonight, Mr. Jeon. Nevertheless, I will try," Taehyung replied nonchalantly, almost sounded like it was mockery. He's a little pissed not because he feels insulted, but it's because how Mr. Jeon told them to take women like they were some sort of giveaway prices. Taehyung respects women a lot and all he wanted was for everyone to be treated equally, especially by older men that he believes they should know "a lot" already by their age.

"You both go ahead. Jeongguk," Mr. Jeon called for his son's name like he was reminding him of something. They both immediately went outside before they could say something bad about Jeongguk's father. Taehyung opened the door to the passenger's seat and guided Jeongguk.

"I'm so sorry about my father. He's been like that since I knew," Jeongguk said and looked at Taehyung as he wore his seatbelt and sat properly at the driver's seat. He stared at Jeongguk as he placed his both hands on the steering wheel.

"Do you still want to go or let's just proceed to go off to somewhere else?" Taehyung asked. It took Jeongguk a few seconds before he could respond. "If you're not going to be my last dance tonight then let's not attend the party," Taehyung said moreover.

Jeongguk felt like a tomato for the nth time over Taehyung's little flirty conversations. "Let's still go. Our friends are waiting," Jeongguk said, unable to look at Taehyung in the eye. Taehyung nodded and started the engine. They traveled silently to the venue. The night lights were making the city shine. It is seven in the evening, the air was cold already. The party lasts until midnight.

Taehyung assisted Jeongguk all along as they both went out of the car. They arrived in the place at seven-thirty pm. The parking lot was almost full, and people were probably inside already. It's about time the ceremony will start, meaning they are both a little late.

Jeongguk stared at Taehyung's hand when the older reached it out to him. He was bemused as to what Taehyung meant but then he just placed his hand on it. "We have to hurry," Taehyung finally spoke and held on Jeongguk's hand tightly. The younger's eyes were widened when he started to get pulled by Taehyung.