Chapter 9: Apartment

The car ride was silent all the way home. Jiho has never seen his Eomma with such marks before and it scared him. He didn't want to go back home, but he was also scared to leave because of his Appa. Thankfully the driveway was empty which meant that Eun wasn't there. Jungkook and Jiho sat in the car for about five minutes thinking about what happened before one of them spoke up.

"Eomma, I'm scared of him." Jiho states not surprising Jungkook.

"He scares me too." Jungkook replied back as he stared out the windshield.

"Can we leave, like go somewhere he can't get us?" Jiho asked with his voice cracking against his will and tears falling from his eyes.

"Is that what you want?" Jungkook asked, turning around in his seat and looking Jiho in his eyes. Solely depending on his answer. Jiho looked right back at him as if he could read his Eomma's mind and hear what he wanted.

"Yes." Jiho whispered with a little hope in his eyes.

"We'll leave by the end of next week then, that way we have two weeks to plan things out." Jungkook replied, making Jiho cry tears of Joy.

"Thank you for being strong, Eomma." Jiho said, making Jungkook cry.

"I do my best." Jungkook stated as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

-

     The next day, Jungkook drove Jiho to school and took the next couple of days off. Jiho was strongly against it, but after Jungkook explained that he needed to take the time off to create a plan, he reluctantly accepted it.

     Jungkook found himself wandering around the town, looking for places for rent or sale. He's been saving his money for a while now so he has a good chunk of money saved up.

     As he walked down the street, he came across a nice apartment building. The building had locked doors and you had to be buzzed in or type in the code you were given for your apartment. Then once you were in you had to check in with the front desk to make sure you were a resident living there.

     Walking up to the doors, Jungkook hit the button which notified the front desk that he was there. The front desk looked at the doors before walking up to them and letting him in and heading back to the desk.

"What can I help you with today sir? Are you here to see a friend of yours that lives here?" The friendly receptionist asked.

"Ah, no. I'm actually looking to get out of a bad neighborhood and was wondering if you had any two bedroom apartments for rent. This place seems a lot safer for me and my kid." Jungkook stated, catching the receptionist off guard. It's not often that people come in and ask this stuff since most of it is done online now.

"Hold on, let me check and see if there's any up for rent." The receptionist started typing quickly on the computer after Jungkook nodded his head.

"Well, we only have one opening for a 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment. It's a little pricey, but if you're interested I can lower the price a little bit since you're trying to get out of a bad place. You can also have a tour of the apartment now if you wish to look." The receptionist looked up at Jungkook and watched him as he debated on what to say.

"How much is it?" Jungkook asked after thinking about it for a couple of minutes.

"The deposit is 9.9M won and then 1M won per month without the utilities. Only small pets are allowed if they are trained. It's the lowest I can go and I understand if you might not have the money." The receptionist replied kindly.

"Okay, I would like to check out the apartment please." Jungkook said smiling at the receptionist after thinking about how much money he had saved up.