Chapter 31: Life

First Ambulance 🚑*

"I................blood transfusion....... he....... babies....... die." Jungkook heard as he came in and out of it. He could tell that he was laying down and in some type of vehicle. The pain in his stomach was excruciating and he wanted it to end.

"How.......... Other.......... Doing?"he heard one of them say which immediately caught his attention.

"He ........ needs ......... transfusion............" Jungkook also heard making him curious as to who they were talking about.

Second Ambulance 🚑*

"We're losing him!" One of the medics said as Jimin started to go into cardiac arrest. The first medic started to do chest compressions while the second got the AED ready.

"It's ready!" The second medic said giving the other time to step away, making it clear for the second."

"Clear!" The second medic said before pressing the button that delivered a shock to the man before them.

     After a couple of seconds he shocked Jimin again, thankfully gaining a steady heartbeat again. Thankfully the blood test was done now and they knew his blood type. They quickly transferred the pint of blood they had in the ambulance that further steady Jimin.

Hospital*

     Five minutes later, both ambulances were arriving at the hospital at the emergency room entrance. The medics immediately jumped out of the vehicle slamming the back doors open and pulling out the stretchers, then quickly pushing them through the entrance.

     A couple of ER Nurses approach the stretchers and assess the situation, making sure the patient's are stable and the pain is minimal before calling the Trauma Surgeons to perform emergency surgery.

     Not long after, Jimin and Jungkook are being pushed into separate OR's and they're friends are arriving at the hospital. The ladies at the front desk told their friends that they are doing everything they can and the best thing for them was to take a rest and wait for the surgeons to get done with their work, which they agreed to do.

8 Hours Later*

"How long does it take to remove a bullet and stop the bleeding, saving that person's life?!" Seokjin said, starting to get cranky from sitting in the waiting room for so long. Yoongi and Hoseok had decided to stay home and watch the kids since a hospital was really a place for kids to be unless they were sick.

"Babe, they have to make sure their work is precise, not to mention Jungkook is pregnant and they have to worry about their lives as well!" Namjoon replied, trying to calm Seokjin down but it only made him cry.

"I'm just....... so worried about them! They don't deserve this! Out of all the people in the world, why did it have to be them?!" Seokjin cried, putting his face into his hands while Namjoon engulfed him in a hug. A couple minutes later, a doctor came out and said something.

"Family and Friends of Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook?"

     Seokjin lifted his head and turned it towards the doctor. Namjoon released the hug and grabbed Jin by the hand, taking him towards the doctor. The doctor looked at them with a smile before speaking again.

"Are you guys here for Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook?"

"Yes! We are their friends. Jimin's family is coming to Seoul but won't be here until tomorrow. As for Jungkook, the only family we are aware of him having is his 6 year old son who is being watched by another friend of ours." Namjoon replied since Seokjin was still drying up his tears.

"Well I would like to inform you that there is good and bad news, but most of it is good. Which would you like to hear first?" The doctor asked, making Seokjin tense up and look at the doctor.

"Rip the bandaid off. Give the bad news first." Seokjin said, with Namjoon looking at him worriedly.

"Are you sure babe? I don't want you to be-" Namjoon tried to say but was cut off by Seokjin.

"I want the bad news first because the good news will probably make me feel better." Seokjin replied fiercely, not taking no for an answer. Namjoon mentally smiled about his husband before nodding at the doctor to continue.

"The bad news is about Mr. Jeon and his babies. They all made it through surgery surprisingly but they're not out of the woods yet. There is a very high possibility that he could miscarry at any moment right. We want to keep him for at least a month, to keep an eye on him and the babies, but even when he is discharged he is to be on strict bed rest. The bullet wound just barely missed the uterus where the babies are by just an inch. I'm surprised he hasn't miscarried yet." The doctor said bluntly with Seokjin tearing up at the information.

"What are the chances that he and his unborn children make it through this? Is Jimin awake? If he is, does he know?" Seokjin croaked out with the doctor looking at him sadly.

"It's a 50-50 chance. Mr. Park is still out of it but he should be waking up soon. He flatlined in the ambulance on the way here but they were able to revive him and make him stable. He, along with Mr. Jeon stayed stable through their surgeries and they went very well. I expect them to make a full recovery. My main concern is the babies right now." The doctor said, making them release a sigh of relief.

"Well 50-50 is better than nothing and at least they're both going to live." Seokjin said as he wiped his tears away.

"Do you know when we'll be able to see them?" Namjoon asked, looking at the doctor with a little bit of hope in his eyes.

"You probably won't be able to see Mr. Jeon tonight, but if Mr. Park is awake now, then you can go see him." The doctor replied.

"Can you see if he's awake now? We would really like to see him." Seokjin asked with the doctor nodding his head.

     The doctor left the couple standing there to go see if Jimin was awake but was back within a couple of minutes.

"He's awake now, would you like me to take you to him?" The doctor asked, getting an immediate reply from Seokjin.

"Yes!"

_____
Authors Notes

Let me keep you on this train because the Babies are not out of the woods yet. 🤡 We all know I'm a clown though. Anyway's, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it! I very much appreciate it! 💜💜💜