CHAPTER FOURTEEN: "someday, i'll be big enough so you can't hit me"

Start from the beginning

"Hi, Jimin. Where's Taehyung?" he said straight to the point. Jimin pouted at him because of that. He turned his back from Jeongguk and walked towards the direction of the back stage, attempting to leave Jeongguk all alone. "Hey, Jimin! What? Did I say something wrong? Why are you leaving?" Jeongguk trailed behind of Jimin but they eventually stopped.

"I'm getting mad, Jeon. You saw me first when you arrived but you're already looking for Taehyung," Jimin said. Jeongguk can't help but chuckle at him. "See? You even have the strength to laugh instead of comforting me."

"I'm so sorry, Jimin-ah if I offended you. How are you? Are you guys going to start performing now?" Jeongguk tried to start the conversation. Since then, Jimin became fond of Jeongguk that's why he treated him as a close friend like Taehyung. Jeongguk was the same towards him. Apparently, Jimin is also the first one to know that Jeongguk and Taehyung have a romantic thing.

"We'll start at exactly 6 pm so go ahead and see Taehyung. You only have five minutes to see him. Don't waste your time with me. And I think he needs you so, go!" Jimin said and tapped Jeongguk's shoulder. The younger raised his eyebrows at him like saying 'You're being dramatic of me looking for Taehyung first and then you'll say I'll go straight to him instead?'

Jeongguk entered the dressing room and the first person he saw was Taehyung. The older's face shifted from frown to comfort. That's the first thing Jeongguk had noticed when he was walking his way to Taehyung. "Are you okay?" he asked. Taehyung stood and immediately searched for another chair for Jeongguk to sit.

"Um, yeah. I just messed up a little during my acting at the stage. Kinda distraught over things but I know it'll be alright. You're here," Taehyung said and can't help to show his rectangular smile at the younger. Jeongguk was relieved to hear Taehyung's words.

"What things?" Jeongguk asked. Taehyung started roaming his eyes to the room when he heard the question. "Come on, you can tell me," Jeongguk convinced him as he shook his shoulder. Taehyung just laughed at him and messed his hair a little.

"Nevermind it, darling." Taehyung made Jeongguk sure that he's alright and smiled at him brightly. Jeongguk, although genuinely worried about him, just smiled back at him. Knowing Taehyung, he surely would fix whatever is the problem.

The dressing room's door was busted open, the director coming into sight. He raised his hand to actor Kim Taehyung. "We'll start in a minute," he said and Taehyung nodded at that. Jeongguk then stared at the older, unable to speak any words.

"Give me my goodluck charm," Taehyung said.

"What?" Jeongguk asked. He then realized what Taehyung was talking about when he pouted his lips. "Hey! Someone might see us!" Jeongguk whispered-yelled and Taehyung chuckled at that.

"I am only joking. I'm going. Go to your seat too or you will not see the beginning of the show," Taehyung said. Jeongguk sat still, started roaming his eyes around the dressing room.

"Here," Jeongguk said and when Taehyung faced his way, their lips were connected in a smooth like butter peck. Taehyung started laughing when Jeongguk pulled and he patted his hair. They both stood and went to different direction. Jeongguk on the way outside the dressing room and Taehyung to the door that leads to the back stage.

Jeongguk was once again surprised when he's all alone in the front seat. The show was about to start when a woman started entering the front seat too and sat five seats away from Jeongguk. The younger was confused and astonished that he's sitting in the front seat with someone else now. Probably, someone from the acting crew's close friend or family. He doesn't remember Taehyung having a close woman in his circle except Rosé and other matinee actresses so he assumed they weren't related.