chapter xxv - point of view

after lunch, i stand. my bottom hurting even more when i do that.

"ow," i mumble underneath my breath.

negan turns us facing everyone, so no one would see his hand squeeze my ass. i almost reach up and slap him. "if you need help with the cream later, my door is always open, princess," he whispers in an almost lustful tone.

i wanted nothing more than to punch him and sprint to my room, but i wait till he dismisses me to head to my room. i pull my pants down and rub the cream on my behind. it soothes some of the pain, but it's still very uncomfortable. i stay in my underwear and lay down on my stomach, ready to take a nap.

i finally fall asleep after ten or so minutes of laying there.

i wake up to a knocking, it's an hour or two later. "the boss wants to see you."

"okay, i'll be out in five," usually i'd fight, but i couldn't take any more of his bullshit right now.

i uncomfortably slip my pants and sneakers on, then make sure i look decent before i head out the door.

simon motions for me to follow him, and i do.

he takes me to what looks like a conference room. negan is looking down at something when we come in.

"there she is. simon, close the door behind you," he says.

i stand there arms crossed, about to give a sly comment when my ass reminds me of what could happen.

"we need to talk. come sit beside me."

i go to the seat beside him, slowly sitting down. i grimace as my bottom touches the chair.

he looks like he wants to smile but keeps a straight face, "daryl. where is he?"

"in his cell?" i lie. daryl has to get away.

"don't lie to me. i'll make your ass a whole lot worse."

"i'm serious, i don't know where he is," i try to convince him.

"what did i just say?"

"don't lie."

"then why are you lying?" i look down at my hands, trying to buy some time to think. he forces my chin upwards, making me look into his eyes, "where is he?"

"i may have possibly helped him escape."

he sighs and looks down, "i let you off the hook with carl because he was rick's boy. but i can't with daryl."

"negan, you have me here. that's already torturing my family. at least let my dad have his friend back."

"do you seriously not know what your dad did to me? to this place?"

i shake my head 'no'.

"he wiped out an entire base, he killed them all. i only killed two of his people and took three. now i've let two escape. i've been fairly easy on him."

"you killed his child, i wouldn't call that fairly easy," i let slip out before i stop myself.

"your father killed thirty of other people's children. i killed one. that doesn't really make me the bad guy here."

depends on your point of view.

i don't answer, thinking. how could my father kill thirty innocents? there had to be another side to the story, he doesn't kill without a reason.

"i'd have to ask him for his side of the story before i choose the villain and the hero." he just looks at me, annoyed. "what? he's my father. am i not supposed to give him a chance to explain?"

"i don't think he really deserves a chance."

"guess it just depends on your point of view."

"guess so," he says as he stands and turns to me, "go back to your room. i'll deal with you later."

shit.

i walk to my room, being escorted by simon.

once closing the door, i sink down to the floor. i didn't know who to believe - not that dad had a chance to explain.

but thirty people? that made no sense, it had to be someone else.

i stand and walk to my window, sitting back down beside it. still swimming in my thoughts.

while i wait to be 'dealt with' i plug my headphones in, scrolling through my song options. i decide 'roslyn' by bon iver and st. vincent best fits the mood. i watch the clouds roll through, letting the music take over my senses.

i'm snapped out of my haze when negan abruptly comes in, slamming the door behind him.

"i'm going to rick's tomorrow, and just to punish you, you can't come out of this room. i'm getting daryl back," he smiles.

"okay," i shortly reply, looking back out the window. i'm not gonna dignify his words with a lengthy response.

"hmm. i figured you'd be mad."

"nothing i can really do about it now," i say putting my earbuds back in, unpausing my song.

"hey, where'd you get that?"

"my house."

"give it to me."

"why?"

"you can have it back after you're punishment."

"and when is that?"

"when i decide you can behave. give it to me."

not wanting to fight. i hand it to him, "please, don't break it."

he smiles, turns, and walks out.

well, there goes my only other entertainment besides books.

a few hours later...

i have eaten dinner but i can't fall asleep. i guess i've grown used to his arms around me. or the other way around. i wonder if he has this problem? probably not. he can just sleep with one of his wives.

i roll out of bed and decide to take a shower.

after twenty minutes or so, i come out. i change into a sleep shirt and some shorts. i then crawl into bed, tossing and turning for hours.

guess it's gonna be a restless night.