chapter xxiv - takin' it like a champ

tw: punishment, spanking

i wake up to an empty, cold bed and a pounding headache.

"ouch, why the hell did i drink that much?" i question myself.

i climb out of bed, all the things i did and said flow into my mind.

i guess i enjoy torturing myself or something. but it's already happened, nothing i can do to change it. i look around and gratefully spot another dress and heels waiting for me. i run to the toilet, throwing up my dinner. i then shower and try to look decent. then i steal negan's sunglasses, hopefully blocking out the eyebags and red eyes. i walk out of his room, skipping breakfast and going straight to my room. when i open the door i see that someone took the whiskey.

"damn those fucking assholes," i murmur.

today we're gonna play 'avoid negan and anyone who saw me last night at all costs'. so i change into some of the clothes i brought, a pair of jeans and a hoodie that says "damn". i know, very adult of me.

i dig through my bag, hoping i brought my old iPod. it was what i used to listen to music when i was grounded, so it was updated with my favorite songs. i slip the iPod into my pocket after plugging some headphones into it. i use my old trick that hides the cord under the hoodie, so no one would see.

of course, harry styles plays first. 'adore you' flows into my ears. i slip the sunglasses on and continue on my way.

i squint through the sunglasses, the sun still being too bright through the windows.

i grab breakfast and sit at an empty table in the back, vibing to my music. then i see negan walking over. shit.

i quickly pause my music as he says, "what in the hell are you doing?"

"pretending you can't see me," i say smugly.

"give me my sunglasses."

"why? you aren't hungover."

"because i said so. and why the hell aren't you wearing your dress?"

"read the hoodie."

"it says 'damn'."

"exactly, damn. why would i? and i mean you can't make me wear a dress so i wear the damn hoodie."

he huffs, "why do you have to be so difficult?"

"why do you?" i question back.

"you know, i should spank your ass for this, but i'm not - well, i might. i don't know."

by this time i had turned on my next song, 'watermelon sugar'. i was slightly moving my head to the beat, slowly rocking back and forth.

"what the hell are you doing now?"

"dancing. it makes you happy, you should try it sometime, grumpy ass."

"i'll take my glasses now, smartass."

i groan but hand them over, "oh my god, it's so fucking bright in here."

"no, it isn't. you're just hungover."

"yea, no fucking shit."

"what was that?"

"i said 'yea, no fucking shit'", i say louder.

"that's it. let's go."

"no no no, i'm sorry. please don't, sir." i tack on the 'sir' for good measure.

he smiles again, "either come with me now or make it worse for yourself."

i walk the other way, negan grabs my arm, "hey damn, i gotta go put something up first."