chapter vi - heaven or hell

the next day...

some new guy has been put on guard. davey i think? not sure, but i don't really care since i'm getting out of here today.

and i was thinking to myself this could be heaven or this could be hell.

"you're gonna love it here. it's such a lovely place, well...it can be for someone with such a lovely face," davey says winking and smiling as he put his hands on the cell door.

i just turn my head. negan said to shut up, so i'm doing just that. normally, i wouldn't be so compliant but i'm tired of this cell and this new guard.

about thirty minutes later, negan comes walking in, "well hello there, pretty girl. you ready to make a decision?"

i just keep quiet. yea, i am being a bitch, but technically, i'm doing as he asked. i don't even turn to look at him.

he audibly sighs, "hey smart ass, you can talk now."

i roll my eyes and sigh, "well i'm not being your wife and i'm not working for points. contrary to popular belief, i am not a dog. so i guess i'm being a savior, whatever the hell that means."

"it means you're going on runs. but i like you, so you're only allowed to go with me. for now, welcome to your new home. escort her to her room, would ya davey?"

davey walks over and roughly grabs me by the arm. negan doesn't seem to take notice as he's too busy talking to a guy with an ugly, perverted 70's mustache. after walking for ten or so minutes, we arrive at a door.

davey whispers creepily in my ear, "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

"uh okay," i respond. i yank my arm out of his grasp and walk into my room.

the bed is calling me. the crisp, freshly-made, white bed is calling me. but so is a nice, warm shower. where are they anyway?

i step outside my door just to be met with a grinning davey. "miss me already, doll?"

"ew, what? no. i just want to know where the showers are."

"follow me, princess y/n."

"don't call me that. we are not friends."

"we are all just prisoners here, of our own device. it's best to make friends, especially with me," he says as he looks me up and down creepily.

i roll my eyes and huff. after a few minutes of walking, he says, "this is the ladies' showers. or you could always follow me to the men's."

"yea, no. in case you can't tell, you aren't my type. i'd appreciate it if you stopped all the unwanted advances."

"i can be any type you want me to be, baby."

i ignore him and head into the shower room. i lock the door to my individual shower room and step into the warm water.

wow. this is quite amazing, but i can't stand here forever. not with the risk of davey coming in after me.

i quickly shower before wrapping the raggedy towel around me. i clutch it tightly as i unlock the door, halfway expecting davey to be there. i look around and the thought of clothes suddenly enters my mind. shit.

but, to my surprise, there are clothes on the sink. i walk and put the jeans and striped sweater on. i slip the well-worn sneakers onto my feet. normally i'd just put the sweater on and go to bed, but i'm here - in this huge building referred to as 'the sanctuary' - captive to my brother's killer.

i head out of the shower rooms and go back to my room. it's dark outside, and without a clock, I have no idea if it's late at night or early in the morning. but i see no one, so i assume it's late at night. either way, my ass is going to bed. as soon as my head hits the pillow, i'm out like a light.

next day

"y/n. wake up," a young girl says as she shakes me.

"damn, i'm up i'm up," i groan.

"here, change into this and eat. negan wants to see you downstairs. i'll be outside the door when you're ready. you have five minutes."

wow, she seems bitchy.

after she leaves, i quickly change and put on some deodorant. then i scarf down the breakfast bar and use the toothbrush and toothpaste on my nightstand. i spit into the garbage can then walk out. "ready."

"k. let's go. you're already in enough trouble for being late."

damn, i get it.

"it's not like i have an alarm or anything," i say as i match her bitchy tone with an even bitchier one.

she just scoffs in response, "not my problem."

god, she was annoying. we remain silent as we walk down the stairs. i see a door and no men guarding it.

this is my chance.

my chance to save carl and daryl. because no matter what, they will escape.

last thing i remember, i was running for the door. i had to find the passage back to the place i was before.

"relax," said the night man, "we are programmed to receive. you can check out anytime you'd like, but you can never leave."