chapter viii - about last night

i groan as i sit up, then last night flashes to my mind.

i kissed negan. holy shit.

i kissed my brother's killer.

and not just one kiss, a full-on makeout session. it probably would have gone further if a knock hadn't interrupt us. i owe whoever knocked a big one because i could not live with myself if i had done that with negan. i used that chance to run out and sprint to my room.

i slap my forehead, "y/n how could you be that stupid?" 

i get up and make myself look decent. i glance out my door, hoping i can escape having a guard, but of course, davey is waiting there.

"let's go sugar," he says with a creepy-ass smile.

"uhm, i need to shower. where are we going?", i ask while trying to hide my disgust.

"well, if you don't take long you can go. negan wants to see you in ten minutes."

"we better get going then. by the way, why do i need a guard? no offense."

"sugar, you've tried to escape and tackled him. you aren't really the most trusted around here."

i just nod in response as we head to the shower rooms. "be back in five," i say as i go in the womens' room and shower.

i quickly shower and change. as i'm slipping my shoes on he bangs on the door, "time's up sugar!"

does he really have to keep calling me that?

"i'm coming!", i say while walking towards the door, "and could you please stop calling me that? i'm no one's 'sugar'"

"sure thing, sugar."

asshole

we walk toward the cafeteria where he shoves me towards negan's table.

"watch it ass-hat," i call over my shoulder while rolling my eyes.

why are guys like this? is this how they deal with having a tiny dick? by being a dick?

i hear negan chuckling.

"glad to know i'm entertaining," i say as i roll my eyes.

"that you are, that you are. come and take a seat please, princess."

oh shit. did he want to talk about last night? because if i'm being honest, i don't know what in the world to say to that.

"the big scary guy with a bat says please? that is quite a surprise," i say, hoping he won't see what's going on in my mind.

"on occasion. now about last night, i'd like some more of that. which you would get if you would become my wife."

i chuckle nervously, "um, that was a mistake."

"didn't feel like you thought it was, especially when you-"

"no, no it was a mistake. i wasn't thinking last night. you killed my brother, there's no way in hell anything can happen between us."

"firstly, do not interrupt me again. and secondly, it already has. as for your brother, that was business sweetheart, blame your daddy for that."

i scoff and go to stand but negan pulls me back down.

"you weren't excused. we have something else to talk about."

"you seriously blamed my brother's death on my dad and expected me not to leave?" i say as rage rises inside me. 

"yep. now back to what i was saying. carl. where the hell is he?"

oh shit. well, at least he's back home now. i hope.

"not here," i lie.

"yea, no shit smart ass. tell me what you two did, now. or i'll shoot daryl in the head and make you watch."

"what the hell is wrong with you?" i let some of my rage slip out.

"no questions, now answer me."

"he left. when i tackled you, which was pretty funny by the way, i told him to run. and he did."

"about time you listened. did you plan on leaving too?"

"nah, you would have killed everyone if i did that. plus, it's fun annoying you."

"you sure it isn't because you like me? honestly, we'd be quite the duo. and please, don't doubt me, princess. i can still kill every one of your family members if i want to."

"as i said before, you killed my brother, so no, i don't like you. now take me to see daryl."

"no can do, it seems you've forgotten that i'm the boss. and you helped someone escape," he turns to his men, "take her to her room and lock the door, she can't come out for three days. maybe she'll finally learn a goddamn lesson."