chapter xvii - irresistible

i woke up to a banging on the door along with the weight of a limb and head on top of me.

negan groans without moving, "what?"

"boss, it's y/n. we can't find her," the voice says.

he smiles with his eyes closed, "she's with me. it's fine. leave." he nestles his head against me.

i'm too tired to even begin to think about last night - and early this morning. i drift back to sleep.

1 hour later...

i feel negan untangling himself from my body. i groan and pull the sheet and comforter over my head.

he chuckles while getting dressed, "you be a good girl today and we just might continue what we started last night." i hear the door close next.

i roll over, letting the impacts of my late-night decisions hit me. i question my actions, how would noah feel? or any of my family?

it's not really any of their business though. but still, guilt washes over me.

i climb out of bed and head to the shower. as the water rains down my face, i hear the door open, then close. i hope it isn't negan. i'm not ready to face him. i finish my shower and dry off. when i open the connecting door between the bathroom and bedroom, breakfast is sitting on the bed along with my dress and a few toiletries.

i slip on my bra and dress. i roll my eyes at how tight the dress is as i slip some fresh underwear on.

i look at the mess the room has become and decide to clean it. if i'm gonna be in here all day, might as well be productive.

after cleaning i eat my breakfast and put the plate on the corner before deciding to read. i pull 'midnight sun' out and dive in, leading me to a completely different world.

in books, there were no consequences. no negan. no feelings. they were where i felt safe.

before i realize it, it's lunchtime. simon comes in and drops a plate off then takes my breakfast one without a word. i wouldn't have even noticed if i didn't hear negan. that man is doing something to me, which is completely wrong and selfish. but he's so goddamn irresistible.

i guess he's just loud because when my eyes followed simon out i didn't see him. oh well, back to reading.

after another chapter, i close the book and put it on the table, frustrated at the main character as if i didn't know what was going to happen. i huff, "stupid idiot vampire dude."

i hear a familiar chuckling behind me, i turn to see negan on the bed. "i've been here for like ten minutes and you've had your nose stuck in that book."

"well yea, it's interesting. and there isn't much to do in here," i say as i stand and place the book on a table.

"there is plenty we could do," he says while walking behind me, wrapping his hands on my waist.

"we could, but-"

"-but what? you seemed to enjoy it last night," he says with a satisfied smile.

"that was grief sex. and i'm not sure if i regret it or not."

"well, let's think later and do now."

"don't you have some heads to bash in or something?" i ask. i'd let this man rail me again if i knew i wouldn't regret it, but i'm not sure.

"surprisingly not. but i do need a shower so when you decide if you regret this or not, join me." he walks to the bathroom, leaving the door open as he strips. i couldn't help myself, i stared. i looked at all of his tattoos. i couldn't see them that well last night.