chapter v - three choices

after being bandaged up, i'm thrown in a cell. literally thrown into an actual cell.

simon fights as he brings daryl in, who makes eye contact with me - trying to reassure me that it would be okay with his eyes. negan tells his men to take daryl somewhere else. where's carl?

"see ya in a few days, sweetie. maybe we will be able to make a deal by then."

"deal?"

"be my wife, be a savior, or work for points to live off of. i'd advise you to chose option number one. you'd live very freely-"

"i doubt that. what's the catch?"

"if you would let me finish. as i was saying, you'd have to be loyal to me. just like my other wives, no cheating. i own you. what do ya say, sweetheart?"

wives.

wives plural?

he can't possibly expect me to sleep with him. for one, he killed my brother and is holding another one hostage, i don't even know where my nieces or sister are. secondly, i'm not sleeping with a man whore. i don't know what diseases he or his multiple wives have.

as i'm lost in my thoughts, i hear the cell door slam. "see you in two days darling." he says with a wink and a smile.

then it hits me. the reality of all the shit that just happened. my brother is dead. my uncle threw us all under the bus. my uncle is dead, not like he didn't deserve it though. i along with my brother and 'uncle' have been taken captive by a man with a bat. i stare into the empty darkness. tears flow until they can't anymore. then i realize that this is what he wants.

he wants to break me so he can fix me in his image. but i'm not going to let him. he won't win, i refuse.

1 1/2 days later

i've been in here for too long. and i can't cry anymore so i'm gonna bother the shit out of dwight.

"so dwight, what'd you do before this?" i ask

"would you shut the hell up!" i hear the guard yell.

"you better not fucking be talking to me," negan grunts out.

"no sir, she-," dwight stutters before i cut him off.

"your friend dwighty boy here is no fun. he doesn't even talk to me. what the hell am i supposed to do if i can't eat or talk to someone? i'm dying here."

"well, you look pretty good for a dead bitch," he winks, "and dwight, you finally listened to me," negan says as he turns to dwight. "keep it up dwighty boy. i like that nickname. i think i'll just have to steal it."

"oh my god, i think i've learned my lesson. let me out, please," i complain as i watch negan walk away.

without turning to face me he responds, "i keep my promises. looks like you'll have to learn that the hard way."

i can tell he has a big smirk on his face without even seeing him.

i turn to dwight, "please say something. i'm going crazy. i will sing more harry styles songs if you don't-"

"shut up, bitch. before i make you," he says as he digs his finger into the bandage on my chest.

i guess negan has cameras in here or something because before i know it, negan is at dwight's throat. "excuse the shit out of my goddamn french but did you just go against my orders?"

"i-i," was all dwight could get out before negan punches him.

"that was your last chance dwight. simon," he calls out, "go heat the iron and gather the people. dwight is getting the other side of his face burnt off." he smirks widely, "as for you, shut the hell up. i don't want to hear another word, got it?" i nod my head in response.