ch-25

"What about your dad?" Seungmin asked.

"I have no idea where that bastard lives" Hyunjin replied with clear hate in his voice.

"Hey that's no way to talk about your dad!" Seungmin said, surprised by his way of speech.

"You don't know my dad"

"Then can I know why you talked about him like that?" Seungmin asked solemnly. Hyunjin nodded. Seungmin sat on the bed beside Hyunjin.

"My dad, he- he used to beat my mum a lot when I was young, I was maybe eight or nine. Well I had always seen him beating and abusing my mum. The way he treated her, it was so... so painful to watch" His voice was shaking.
"I felt so helpless as I watched him beat my mum almost every week. It sucked to simply stand and watch your precious mum getting hurt and you could do nothing about it. The few times that I got in between their fights I ended up getting beaten too. It was...it was" A tear escaped his eyes as he tried to recall those horrible moments.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked" Seungmin said regretfully and held his bruised hand.

"And then my mum finally left him and we moved here. But it was hard for her to meet the living expenses with her little paying job. And then she found a better job in another town, so she lives there. I rarely ever meet her as she barely gets any free time"

Seungmin's eyes were getting teary too. He kissed Hyunjin's hand softly.

Hyunjin suddenly broke into tears. Seungmin was horrified as he had never seen Hyunjin so weak before. He is the type of person to make people cry but who could've thought that this dangerous bad boy could have such a painful past.
Seungmin hugged him as he cried, staining Seungmin's shirt with his tears.

Hyunjin suddenly lifted his head and crashed his lips against Seungmin making him shocked for a second. Seungmin's heart almost jumped out if his chest, he was confused for a minute before kissing him back. As Hyunjin felt his soft lips he forgot about all the painful memories of his past. It was definitely healing for him as he felt like all his wounds were being healed by Seungmin's soft touch. Seungmin wrapped his arms around him as he kissed him some more. Hyunjin pulled him closer and lay him on top of himself and then he broke the kiss to finally confess "Seungmin I like you, no I actually think I love you"

Seungmin just looked at him, trying to process the whole thing even though he guessed it before.

"I'm sorry for not being able to say this sooner" Hyunjin said "I'm sorry for disappointing you. I'm sorry for beating your friends. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for making you tutor me. I'm sorry for always wanting to be with you... I'm sorry for not being the kind of person you would fall for"

"Shh you don't have to be sorry for anything" Seungmin moved his head closer to his. "And I think I like you too, maybe I didn't before but now I'm sure I do"

Hyunjin smiled at him and Seungmin just got closer to kiss him once again. The kiss was so sweet that it instantly made him feel better.

Hyunjin then buried his head in Seungmin's chest and lay there with him while Seungmin stroked his long hair. After a pause of a couple minutes Seungmin said "Is that why you are like that?"

"Like what?" Hyunjin opened his eyes to look at him.

"Like the way you are now. Are you a bad person because you couldn't protect your mum? So you try to be powerful so that no one else can look down on you?"

Hyunjin was shocked and speechless for a second. It was like Seungmin had seen inside him. He nodded "Yeah. Back then I was so weak that I couldn't protect my mum from him so I decided to be tough and bad. I decided to beat people before they could beat me. I thought if I was more powerful than anyone else then no one would be able to step on me the way my dad stepped on my mum"

"You don't have to be bad to be powerful Hyunjin" He looked at him with concerned eyes.

"It's a harsh world Seungmin, you need to be tough to fight it and survive. It's a ride or die, especially when you have no resources and no emotional support" His eyes glinted with the sadness and struggle of many years which he had always hid in himself.

"So you were a soft person who was forced to be hard due to unavoidable circumstances but on the inside you're still soft, and I wish the softer you would come out again" Seungmin kissed his forehead "This makes me love you even more" And then he hugged him tightly and both of them fell asleep.

A/n
In the midst of voting I forgot to update 😭