Sunny put an arm around him.

"Aren't you cold?" He wondered

"Freezing."

"Why didn't you bring a jacket."

"I forgot." She mumbled as they hurried up the street.

"Why didn't you say something." He reached out and grabbed her by the hand, puling her towards the closest building and shoving the door open. Warm air washed over them as did the clamor of voices and the biter smell of alcohol.

Adam screwed up his nose but still stepped inside.

Sunny ducked through the doorway. Voices cut off as she stepped inside and eyes turned to look at them bright and curious. Adam flushed a little as the eyes turned to look at him. He still wasn't used to that especially not people he had known from his childhood. He certainly recognized some of these people, people his parents had known rom work. There were a few men who worked on the farm with his father, their wives, the parents of people he had grown up with and a few newcomers.

He raised a hand awkwardly, "Don't let me bother you."

He awkwardly scooted forward, inching between tables and grimacing as he went by apologizing as he bumped into chairs and tables. Sunny kept her head high not seeming to care at all the staring people were doing as she stepped in. Sunny didn't care much about what others thought, and he had a theory that she actually liked getting some of the attention.

She liked causing a stir.

They walked up to the bar and he slid into his seat smiling at the woman across from him. She seemed surprised, clearly knowing who he was.

He didn't recognize her though.

"I uh... uh..... good evening, what Can I-get for you."

Her little smile was lost on him.

"Uh, I don't know something that tastes good I guess. I'm sorry I'm not being more helpful."

She shook her head at him and smiled leaning forward to touch his hand once before pulling back,' Soemthing that tastes good, coming right up."

"Also if you have any tea for my friend, non caffeinated if you have it."

She nodded and moved off as Sunny sat next to him. The only bar stool available to accommodate her height was set sort of behind the bar blocked by a wooden pillar into the rest of the room, which was actually very convenient for the two of them as it blocked her from view of curious and prying eyes. Sunny leaned back in her seat a little and closed her eyes.

The bartender came back a few minutes later setting a glass down in front of Adam, the top rim encrusted with white granules of sugar. Sunny got a cup of tea which she seemed pleased about. It was one of the human foods she was able to consume considering as tea was mostly just leaf juice though she had to wait for it to cool down.

She hummed as she sipped.

Adam leaned back in his chair.

The bar got a little more busy, but he tried to keep his head down.

Eventually most people ignored them aside from the occasional person who wanted to talk or say something, and the bartender who seemed more than attentive to Adam's needs, which Sunny noticed but Adam did not.

Sunny was rather amused to watch the bartender try though, it was a valiant effort. She would touch his hands, lead over the bar position herself in the best location for conversation, ask questions. The first couple of which Adam didn't notice and the last of which he would answer politely and then go back to his drink.