Private Message

Time: Unknown

Location: Unknown

Persons" Unknown

Message: Direct

They are getting out of hand.

That is a pretty broad statement> Care to elaborate.

Don't play coy with me. This isn't a game ad you know very well who I am talking about.

Alright, alright don't get upset. Yes I know who you are talking about. My question is what prompted this sudden intensity. They have been getting out of hand for a long time now. Ever since Apollo they have been getting closer and closer to the truth.

Yes but it wasn't until now that they have had an inkling of our existence.

They have ALWAYS had an inkling of our existence

Well now they have concrete evidence. They have files and information boards and anything else they might need. If we don't do something than eventually they are going to figure out who and what we are.

You know upper management is not interested in your concerns. We have brought this to them before and they seem perfectly fine with the way things are going. Maybe they are destined to find out this way.

You know that neither of us buy that scenario.

...

...

And the guardian isn't helping.

Well... no.

He wasn't supposed to interact with them, much less give them the lowdown on everything that has been happening in the universe since the beginning of time.

Yes.... Yes that probably was a poor choice on his part, but what else could he do. It was either that or let them tamper with Behemoth.

I.... well that is true.

Behemoth is a bigger problem than some human getting a little too curious. He is just one human.

You should hear yourself. You know damn well what one human can do.

Yes.... I know, I know.

Look I commend them for their ingenuity and getting this far, but there is only so far I am willing to let them go before I have to do something you know it's my job to make sure things go according to upper management's plan.

I think upper management can handle things just fine without you.

So you say.

So I DO say.

The plan always works out the way it is needed.

I suppose.

You know what I AM worried about.

What.

The starborn has gotten closer than anyone in figuring this out. With all the access he has to the human brain it is open like a book.

Well it is a good thing he doesn't seem to be able to read.

Just keep an eye on that one. I will have a talk with upper management and let them know what you think. Though, if they haven't done anything so far, than I doubt they will be inclined to do much else.

Perhaps you are right, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

No, no it doesn't.

Time 0600

Location: Fort Harmony Mericanda

Personnel: Presidential candidate Admiral Kelly/ IIA director

ID: Admiral Kelly, we need to talk.

AK: Than talk?

ID: What are you doing up this early? I didn't expect to hear back from you for another hour.

Ak: Well it seems you were wrong. Besides, I have a lot of paperwork to do. Talking to my constituents and then there is the matter of funding.

ID: Of course, I should have known. You were always one to overwork yourself.

AK: Anyway, what did you want to speak to me about.

ID: Its about Admiral Vir

AK: Oh no.

ID: I never said there was an issue.

AK: Every time you call me about him, there is always some sort of issue, so don't be cute with me. Just come out and say it.

ID: Well..... we have some reports. It seems that a family member of his has leaked some sensitive information about his....

AK: About his relationship with Sunny/

ID: Well.... Yes."

Ak Stop beating around the bush. We know it unbecomes you. So anyway, one of the family members blabbed. Hardly a big deal. We can just hush it up, make it look like a rumor and no one will be the wiser, just like we have done every other time.

ID: Well yes, of course that is something we can do for sure, but you have to understand that we can only keep this hushed up for so long. Neither the admiral or the saint are particularly sneaky about their involvement together. The entire crew o the omen knows, and we have been casually trying to expunge accidental slips that the crew makes. Videos that contain them together being too familiar with each other. Things of that nature.

AK: Perhaps we should let him go public with it... maybe just allowing it to discriminate would be alright, allow the people to get used to the idea. Maybe it won't be as big a deal as we think it's going to be.

ID: Perhaps, but opinion poles on the subject of LFIL relationships have had disapproval as high as sixty five percent. Despite that number dropping slowly. Its not a common occurrence enough that your average person has met someone in that sort of circumstance, much less ever met an alien, so the idea of having a relationship with one is nebulous and rather scary to them. And you know how people feel about things they don't understand.

AK: That is true.

ID: If nothing else than sentiment towards the UNSC is going to drop pretty heavily, and I don't think that is something either you or I are willing to deal with. With the anti alliance and the isolationists with as tenuous a foothold as they have, I would rather keep it that way.

Ak: I know, I know

ID: Do you think you could talk to him about this?
Ak: I don't know. Unfortunately, I don't think he knows that we know. I would probably scare him off it if let him know that we have been secretly watching the progression of his relationship, keeping tabs on it and expunging evidence of it from the general public. There are only a few ways that one can respond to that sort of thing.

ID: Well in any case, we need to do soemthing about it. Its getting more blatant and harder to hide, so I am not sure what we are going to do from here.

Ak: Thank you for letting me know.

ID: Anytime