One | 1

Draft - System talking

(Draft) - System talking, but you can't hear him

< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the pictures used in this story unless stated otherwise, I only own the cover, plot, and my original characters

< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

~ Your POV ~

< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

What a strange feeling this was, it was nothing like you've ever felt before. It felt like you were sleeping, but at the same time wide awake. Tired yet alert. 

You looked around your surroundings in confusion, only to see black, kind of like you were underwater, but it was all black, not the usual pretty blue. You couldn't even see your own hands with how dark it was, but you knew you had them, you could still feel and touch your body, so you knew it still existed. 

You looked around once more, having nothing else to do before your eyes landed on a tiny white dot somewhere to your left (Was it your left, or right? What even was 'right' or 'left' anyway?). You felt as if you had to go there, no matter what and so you did. What else was there to do in this dark, gloomy sea of darkness anyway? It wasn't an exactly pleasant place either, every second you spent here you felt the feeling of undeniable doom getting stronger. 

It was like you had committed a grave sin and was about to be punished for it. You shivered; it was a horrible feeling.

Getting into a swimming position as best as you could, you quickly started moving yourself towards it. At first, you were clumsy, but you soon got the hang of it and before you knew it, time passed. 

As for how long you have been swimming, you didn't know as your sense of time was mushed up. Everything felt long but short at the same time, so you didn't have a good enough grasp to be guessing. But nonetheless, the dot was getting bigger so you knew a considerable amount of time has passed but it was still so far away. It made you wonder how'd you even manage to see it in the first place. 

As you swam, you couldn't help but let your thoughts wonder about where you had ended up in. You were in a sea of some sorts, but it wasn't a sea of water. No, while the liquid was goose-bump raising cold, it was thick and felt like you were swimming through an ocean of rich maple syrup. You knew it actually wasn't since there was no sticky feeling, but it certainly felt like it.

The small dot you had been swimming after shone brighter, guiding you through this ocean of black. It acted as a sort of guide and destination. 

You swam harder as you had gotten a sudden boost of determination, only to feel hands grabbing your ankles. You turned around slightly to see the black ocean grow hands? The hand was wrapped around the area your ankle would be if you could see them.

You shook your head from your thoughts and kicked the hands off and started to swim again, only to feel hands grab your ankles once again.

You ignored it as no matter what they did, they didn't let go anymore and continued ahead. What else were you supposed to do, these hands seemed to want to drag you somewhere you knew you would regret going to. It was like, they wanted to drag you downwards, towards the deepest and darkest pits of Hell. Whether if Hell existed or not, you knew you didn't want to end up wherever it wanted to take you.