†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏†

Start from the beginning

"We're just gonna have to see when it's time for the trials" Aleia said, not sure who's gonna be the victor this time.

"Nonsense, I'm sure you're going to win" Venus said, without a doubt that Aleia was surely gonna be the victor this upcoming trials.

"We-".

"Girls, we're not here to talk about the trials, which I'm sure it'll be a sight to see - my daughter fighting against one of Viktor's best students" My mother glanced a look over to me and then to Aleia "I hope my daughter doesn't disappoint" She said in a tone that gave me unwanted shivers.

"You should've seen her at the practice trials - she was amazing!" Korra told my mother, thinking back to my battle with Aleia in the practice runs.

"I'm sure it was, but anyways, let's get back to our agenda at hand" My mother said getting back to her lesson that she was about to start "As I was saying, have you guys already learned how to summon a familiar yet?" She asked, looking among us.

"I'm able to summon one, but I'm not able to summon it for long. I still need a bit more practice" Aleia explained.

"I, too, but not fully" Venus added.

I told my mother that I wasn't able to summon one yet and Korra wasn't at the part at learning to summon a familiar yet.

"Well, let me demonstrate and you all can follow along" My mother said, seeing her close her eyes, as she chanted some kind of spell in some kind of foreign language.

As my mother was chanting the same line of the spell, I noticed a symbol appear on her wrist followed by blue flames, which a fox with three tails came right out of.

It wasn't there physically, but was more in an appearance of flames - if that makes sense - the blue fire was a form of a fox and it stood next to my mother, waiting for her orders.

"Your familiar can be any type of animal or whatever you can imagine" She started to explain "But I have to warn you.." She trailed off, looking at each of us "Summoning a familiar isn't just fun and games - it can be dangerous" She explained.

"If it's dangerous, why are we being taught it?" I asked, raising my hand.

"Because it helps you benefit in battle - if it comes to that - and I'm sure not everyone in the academy is learning to summon a familiar of their own. Because only the ones that are strong enough can" She explained "And I say, strong - Because your familiar can sense your weakness. It's dangerous to feel weak while summoning your familiar, only because if you do" She paused for effect "Your familiar will turn on you and well, can potentially kill you itself" She finished off.

"I'm gonna have to pass - I prefer to go back to Salam unharmed" Korra said, not wanting to participate at all, now hearing that it can be dangerous.

"Well, for you Korra, it's different. You don't have to participate, cause I know that you're learning things different from these girls. So, you can go ahead and have fun".

"You can't be serious?" Venus disliked the idea that Korra could do whatever she pleases, while we get sucked into my mother's lesson.

Heck, I also wanted to take a break and enjoy it while it last, but I'm smart enough not to speak up to my mother, knowing how psychotic she is.

I noticed a smirk play along my mother's face, which was always a sign of her thinking of something crazy.

"Let's make a deal" My mother still had that smirk on her face, as she crossed her arms.

"I'm listening" Venus said, as she crossed her arms as well, giving my mom her full attention.

"You want that charm off you, right?" It was more of a rhetorical question, cause she already knew that Venus wanted to be able to fly again.

"I'll give you a task and if you complete it - I'll remove the charm".

"What kind of task is that?" Venus asked, interested in the deal.

"Well, I see that you and my daughter get along quite well-".

"Where are you going with this?" I didn't want to get sucked into my mother's schemes or whatever you wanna call it, especially when it deals with Venus.

My mother just let out a light amused laughed and continued.

"If you beat her in a duel. I will be sure to take off that charm".

"I'm looking forward to it" Venus just looked at me, looking like she was already gonna kill me.

"There's another thing" My mother looked between Venus and I - before once again speaking up "You are able to use whatever you've learned at the academy and I'll decide between who is the winner at the end of all of it" She finished off.

"You can't be serious?!" I know I had a disadvantage;I mean sure, Venus wasn't able to fly, but Venus literally been at the academy long before me and I'm pretty sure she's learned spells - and such things to get the upper hand.

Venus let out a malicious laugh "What? Are you scared mutt? " She had that smirk playing on her face, which really got under my skin.

"Y'know what! If I win, you gotta stop calling me mutt!".

"Then it's settled" My mother looked satisfied "I'm sure you won't disappoint" She added with her signature smirk.

I'll show you how far I've become.