Part 43

Klaus had called Rebekah the night before and found out that Elijah is the who holds the cure. They both are heading back to Mystic Falls.

Amelia was sitting with Klaus in the living room when she felt a pain in her stomach.

She quickly stood up and ran to the bathroom. She kneeled down next to the toilet as vomit came out of her mouth and into the toilet.

She heard footsteps behind her and then a hand on her back.

"You're sick?" She heard Klaus ask.

"I haven't been sick. Ever. What the hell is going on?"

"Erm.... I don't know. Do you need me to do anything?" He asked.

"Help me up." He held out his hand which she took and he pulled her to a standing position.

They walked into the living room and saw Elijah sitting opposite Rebekah.

"Elijah, being human means a fresh start. I can grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning, knowing that each one matters." Rebekah said.

Klaus laughed as he helped Amelia sit down on the couch and sat next to her.

"Well, that was poetic." He said.

"Well, if you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Klaus, please." Elijah said.

Rebekah looked at Amelia and saw that she looked a little pale, "are you okay?"

"Yes. I'm fine. Just a little sick."

"You? Sick? Never seen you sick before?" Rebekah said.

"I'm sure it's nothing."

"Silas can appear as anyone." Klaus said, changing the subject back. "He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. He'll torment me until I give him the cure."

"And in doing so, he'll break down the wall to the Other Side." Rebekah said.

"So it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his long lost soul mate." He placed a hand on Amelia's thigh and rubbed circles with his thumb then addressed Elijah, "you of all lovesick fools should applaud his devotion."

"He'll open the floodgates for every supernatural being that ever died." Rebekah said.

"Including our dear brothers. Kol and Finn. We'll have our family back." Klaus argued.

"Please, you hated Kol and you kept Finn in a box for most of his life." Rebekah said.

"Elijah, please."

"Your personal discomfort might not be a sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Klaus. I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness." Elijah said.

Rebekah sighed out in relief as Klaus looked between Amelia, Rebekah and Elijah.

"Tell me you're joking. Tell me you're not daring me to an eternity of torture."

"I made my decision."

Klaus stood up and stood behind Rebekah, leaning into her ear, "when you're sick and dying and you beg for my blood, I will laugh in your face and compel you to forget me." And walked away.

Rebekah leaned forwards, "where is the cure?"

"Rebekah, it's no secret that you are impulsive, emotional and at times, morally questionable. Prove to me this isn't just another one of your whims. That you know precisely what you are giving up here."

"Fine, anything."

"I want you to live a day as a human. This day. No vampire privileges. No strength, no compulsion, no nothing. You succeed, you still believe this is what you want, the cure is all yours."

"That's it?" Amelia wondered.

Rebekah stood up from her chair and made her way out of the house.

Elijah turned to Amelia, "are you sure you're alright?

"I don't know. I feel weird."

***

Amelia walked into the room and saw Klaus sitting down and Elijah standing with the White Oak Stake in his hand.

"Where did you get that?" Klaus asked.

"Our baby sister. Once she's human, it will make no difference to her whatsoever. Take it." He held it out towards Klaus.

"Why would you give me this?"

"We are immortal apart from the stake. Now that it's yours, you have nothing to fear."

"Silas will continue to torment me." Klaus walked past him and locked eyes with Amelia who was standing at the door frame.

"Well, you survived endless torments throughout the centuries. You'll shake this. And if you can't, you'll outrun him." Elijah said.

Amelia stopped properly into the room, "that simple?"

"Without the cure, what makes you think I'll spare your beloved Katerina? Or have you figured out you're simply another fly in her web?"

"You will spare her because I'm asking you to spare her. As your family, as your only living brother, I would ask that you provide me with this opportunity to feel, to care, to love."

"I gave you that opportunity and you sided against me. So if I run, it'll be to chase her. And as your only living brother, I will make it my cause that you never know a moment of happiness."

"It is such a hollow life that you lead, Niklaus." Elijah said.

Amelia stepped between the two brothers and pushed them apart slightly.

"Boys, stop it."

Elijah started walking out the room but glanced back when he saw Klaus kiss Amelia's head and pulled her into a hug, he furrowed his eyebrows slightly.

"Somethings different with them two." He thought but turned around and left.

***

Amelia was laying on her bed when she felt a dip next to her.

She turned her head and saw Klaus lay next to her.

"Silas got the cure." He revealed.

Amelia groaned. "What are we gonna do?"

"I'm not sure. We'll deal with it in the morning."

Klaus wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer towards his chest.

They were both soon consumed by sleep.