Part 33

Amelia was laying on the bed with headphone in connected to her phone, listening to music on full blast.

Klaus came into the room and lay next to her.

She furrowed her eyebrows and slowly took out her earphones and turned her head.

"What's wrong with you?" Amelia's asked.

"You won the bet." Klaus said.

"What bet? We have a lot."

"Stefan has practically told everyone. So, he told Damon."

Amelia laughed, "I win most of these bets, you know. You're terrible at it."

Klaus laughed. "You're coming with me today so get a dress."

"What exactly am I buying a dress for?"

"The Miss Mystic Falls pageant thing."

"Why are you going to that? Are you in the running?" She laughed.

"No. Just come."

"Okay. Okay." She kissed him quickly on the lips and sped out the room.

***

Amelia picked out a tight, blue dress that reached her middle thigh and a deep V-neck.

They were walking around, side by side with a champagne in their hand.

Carol Lockwood made a speech to which everyone clapped to but Amelia rolled her eyes.

"This is boring." Amelia complained.

"I know." Klaus said.

Amelia laughed at how Caroline was bossing everyone around.

"She is quite the control freak." Amelia said.

"Remind you of someone? Is that why you like her?" Klaus smiled.

"No, I like her because she is the least whiniest one out of them. And frankly, the prettiest. And rude, I am not a control freak."

Klaus wrapped his arms round her waist, bringing her closer to his chest. "I'm looking at someone who is prettier than her right now."

Amelia smiled and kissed him.

When they pulled apart, she saw Klaus looking behind her. "They didn't waste time."

She spun around and saw Haley and Tyler laughing together.

Amelia grimaced, "ooh. Caroline gone be mad."

Caroline started speaking on stage and introduced the contestants as they came down the stairs and met their escorts.

April Young almost got stood up but Matt stepped up.

They watched the contestants dance and Amelia put her head on Klaus' shoulder out of boredom.

"I need a drink." Amelia said as she grabbed some champagne of the waiters tray as he walked by.

***

Klaus and Amelia was walking by the pond and they set the champagne bottle as they sat down.

"I know we're gonna like destroy the cure and everything once we find it but have you ever thought about being human?" Amelia said.

"A few times, I guess." He said as he popped the champagne bottle and poured two glasses.

"Wanna know what I found?" Klaus smirked.

"Oh god, what?"

Klaus stood up and took a paper out of his pocket.

"'Niklaus, you are my best friend. Always have been, always will be-'"

"Oh, no, no, no. How have you got that?" Amelia said as he tried to snatch it out of his hands but he moved it away.

"'You have been distant. I think it may do with Tatia. Just know I still love you and I hope we connect again.'" He laughed and Amelia rolled her eyes.

"I wrote that when we were like 16. How the bloody hell do you still have that?"

"I've always had it."

"Why in the bloody hell did you keep it?"

Klaus smiled and shrugged, "maybe because it says that you love me."

"I do love you." Amelia said.

"And I love you." He responded.

They kissed and when they pulled apart, Amelia wrapped her arms around his torso and lay her head on his chest as he rested his chin on her head, smiling at how lucky he thinks he is.

***

April ended up winning the pageant and the whole crowd was applauding but Amelia's attention wasn't focused on that.

She saw Elena run off stage and head to where she also saw Jeremy go.

She slipped away from Klaus and headed there.

She saw Elena on the floor, gasping for air, Jeremy over her with a wooden stake in his hand and Matt trying to convince him not to do anything.

She leaned on the door frame.

"Well, what happening here?" She asked.

"The hunters mark. It's messing with his mind. Jeremy, stop!" Matt said.

"Can't believe I'm saying this but you can't kill her so night-night." Amelia said and she waved her hand which caused Jeremy to fall on the floor asleep.

"What did you just do to him?" Matt asked.

"He'll awake in a few hours. He's just asleep." Amelia said.

"Thanks." Matt said as he kneeled next to Elena and helped her.