Part 21

Amelia was scrolling through her phone, sitting on the couch with her legs over Klaus's lap as he drew in his sketch pad.

Rebekah walked into the room, in the same dress as last night.

Amelia smiled after seeing her.

"Well, well, well. There's our girl." Kol said and he didn't let Rebekah past him.

"Get out of my way, Kol." Rebekah said.

"Out all night. What a scandal." Kol said.

"Leave her be." Amelia said.

"I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?"

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." She said and Klaus smiled. "Don't start, Nik."

"I didn't say anything." Klaus said.

"I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet. But at least she's having fun. I need entertainment." Kol said.

"What are you waiting for? Go on. Have at it." Klaus said.

"It's no fun to go alone. Join me, Nik. It's the least you could do after sticking a dagger in my heart." Kol said.

Amelia started laughing, "that is such a guilt trip."

"Okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night with you trying to murder Rebekah's date." Klaus said.

"Yes. Please go, this house has enough men rolling around in it." Rebekah said.

"Just like you, Bekah." Kol said and Amelia laughed.

"Good riddance, both of you." Rebekah threw her shoe at Kol but he dodged it.

"Who was it then?" Amelia laughed.

"Please don't start." Rebekah said.

"Okay, okay. Imma go with them." Amelia said as she ran off after Klaus and Kol.

***

They entered the grill and saw Alaric taking to a women.

They overheard some of their conversation.

"Wait. You think the killer is a- a vampire." Alaric said.

"There are no other suspects. It's the obvious conclusion." Meredith said.

"Oh, come on, now. Let's not go blaming the new family in town just because you lot have got yourselves a killer at large. Don't mind us. My brother, Lia and I are just here to let off some steam. Right?" Klaus said.

"Right." Kol and Amelia said.

***

They had drunk a lot. Getting drunk even though they have very high tolerances.

Caroline walked into the grill and made her way up to Amelia.

"Can I speak to you?" She said.

"Why?" Amelia said.

"It's important."

She rolled her eyes and downed another shot. "Bloody hell. Why not?" She said as she followed her out of the grill.

"What do you want?" Amelia asked as they walked across the road.

"I thought you should know, Esther is planning something." Caroline said.

"What did you just say?"

Amelia heard Klaus's voice behind her.

"What's going on?" He said.