Part 26

Elena was in the hospital due to collapsing at her house. Jeremy took her to the hospital and Alaric was trying to find Elena but Jeremy took her back home before he could get to her.

Caroline was taking care of her as Elena stayed in the couch.

What they didn't know, was that Elena's injury was worse than Dr. Fell told them so she fed her Damon's vampire blood so she could get better.

***

Elijah got a call from Amelia and she told him everything in how they took Klaus so he told her that she would get his body back.

Elijah went to the Gilbert house to negotiate with them.

"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he has been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the earth and Alaric will follow us." Elijah said.

"And you'll just run?" Stefan said.

"We've done it before. Klaus, Amelia and Rebekah spent the better part of 1000 years evading my father. What's another half-century while Elena's able to live out her natural life?"

"We finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back." Elena said.

"I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive klaus within yours, nor even within your children's lifetimes. Perhaps it will finally reach him some manners." Elijah said.

"Why should she trust you? All you've done is screw her over." Matt said.

"And for that, I'm deeply ashamed. But know this. She could've been dead the instant I walked through that door tonight. So, Elena, I leave it to you to make the decision, whether to trust me or not." Elijah said.

"Not. Hello? Did that concussion give you brain damage? His lunatic siblings will kill you first chance they get!" Damon said through the phone.

"Rebekah and Kol will honour the terms. If you return Klaus's body to us, Elena will come to no harm." Elijah said.

"What about Amelia?" Elena asked.

"She will be harder to convince. They have not been separated for 1000 years but I will convince her. Do we have a deal?" Elijah said.

"No! No, no, no. Did I mention no?" Damon said.

"Elena, it's up to you." Stefan said.

"Oh, come on!" Damon said.

"Why do you want Klaus's body?" Elena asked.

"He's my brother. We remain together." Elijah said.

"We have a deal." Elena said.

***

Matt and Jeremy made a plan to get Elena out of town so they made her tea but it was drugged.

Once she was passed out, Matt took her to his car and started driving.

***

Rebekah and Amelia were headed to a storage unit which Klaus was in.

They called out for Damon but he never responded so they walked around.

A hand was put around their mouths and they were pulled out of the way.

"Shhh." Damon whispered, slowly taking his hands off the girls.

He led them to where Klaus's coffin was and they quickly started wheeling it to the car.

Alaric ran in front, grabbed Rebekah and slammed her against the car and threw her into the ground.

Damon ran at him but he kicked him into the floor.

Amelia threw him to the floor with her magic but he quickly got up and threw her to the floor.

Alaric opened Klaus's coffin and drove the white oak dagger into Klaus's chest despite the cries from Rebekah and Amelia.

"No!" Amelia and Rebekah repeated as Damon carried them back.

Klaus's body caught on fire and Alaric took the stake out.

"Next." Alaric said.

"Run." Damon said.

Rebekah and Amelia grabbed each others hand, still crying but ran away.

They ran back to Mystic Falls and they found Elijah.

Amelia was in tears, the images replaying in her head over and over.

"He's gone, Elijah. There was nothing we could do to stop it." Rebekah said and they hugged.

Amelia collapsed onto the floor and started crying.

Rebekah picked her up and wrapped her arms around her.

"Tyler Lockwood is dead, but the rest survived. You said Niklaus turned their bloodline." Elijah said.

"I thought he did." Rebekah said.

"It wasn't me, it wasn't Kol." Elijah said.

"It wasn't me, Elijah." Rebekah said.

"It was Niklaus." Amelia said.

"Then how are they still alive?" Elijah said.

Amelia wiped her tears and ran off.

She ran to Wickery Bridge and waited.

But soon, Rebekah came.

"Guess we had the same idea." She said.

"I guess so." Amelia mumbled.

They saw a blue truck coming down the road and when they reached near the bridge, the both sped in front of it.

The car swerved and drove off the bridge with Matt and Elena inside of it.

Amelia and Rebekah ran off.

Elena woke up, water surrounding them but Matt was unconscious.

She shook him but he didn't wake up. Stefan dove into the water and Elena signalled for him to get Matt out first. So he did.

He got Matt out before he died and when he got back to Elena, she was already gone.

Dead.

They took her to the hospital and was waiting around her body.

Suddenly, she gasped awake.