Part 9

Klaus, Amelia and Stefan were in a black SUV driving to Chicago.

Klaus and Amelia were in the back and Stefan was in the middle whilst a compelled man was driving.

Amelia had fallen asleep, leaning on Klaus. He played with her hair and his other arm wrapped around her.

Stefan turned around and saw Klaus smiling down on her, "you love her, don't you?" He said.

"Of course I love her." Klaus said.

"Not in that way. I mean, you love her." Stefan said but Klaus stayed silent and looked down at her. "That's what I thought. You two wont stop flirting with each other this whole summer. What's stopping you?"

The car parked which caused Amelia to wake up. "We're here." Klaus said.

When Amelia's eyes fluttered open, Klaus and Stefan was looking at her so she wondered what she had missed. "What?"

"Nothing. Come on." Klaus said, holding out his hand. She took it and they all exited the car.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus said.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked.

"I know how much you loved it here." Klaus said.

"Bringing back memories to the good old ripper days?" Amelia smirked.

"Blacked out most of them. Lot of blood, lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan said.

"Well, that's a shame." Amelia said.

"Yes, the details are what make it legend." Klaus said.

"Word was the ripper of Monterey got lonely. So he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was off-limits then, which made everything so much fun."

In Gloria's bar, she was singing on stage.

Amelia was dancing with a tall man when she saw Rebekah talking to someone. She excused herself from the dance and walked over to them.

"Careful, Mr. Salvatore." Rebekah said, she walked up to him and licked around his mouth, "your still wearing your date. She's lovely."

"No, no, no" he stopped her. "Who are you?"

"Shh" she said and walked away.

Amelia chased after her, "who was that?" She smiled.

"Some young vampire, I'm assuming."  Rebekah smiled at her. "So, where is Nik?"

"Oh, who knows. He left me in here, alone." Amelia pouted.

"Really? Never seen that before." She smiled.

"Yes, yes. Whatever. I'm going back to my date now." Amelia's said as she started walking away.

"Don't let Nik see him, he'll rip his head off." Rebekah joked.

Amelia smiled at her and walked back to dance.

"Chicago was magical." Klaus said.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan said.

"Down to business, then?" Klaus said.

"Why am i still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan said.

"We're going to see our favourite witch." Klaus said. He looked at Amelia who had her arms crossed over her chest and was scowling at him, "except from you, obviously." He said as he kissed her head. "If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."