Part 42

Amelia was upstairs sleeping on her shared bed with Klaus but heard screaming coming from downstairs.

She furrowed her eyebrows and quickly went downstairs.

She found Klaus sitting on the couch, panting, his head was sweaty.

"Oh, my god, Nik. What happened?" Amelia asked, walking slowly up to him.

"Go away." Klaus mumbled.

"What? What the bloody hell happened?"

"I need more time. Stop hounding me!" Klaus yelled.

"What do you mean 'hounding you'. What the bloody hell is happening right now?"

"Amelia? Is it really you?" He asked and she nodded. "Prove it to me."

"I don't know. What do you want me to say?"

"Okay, Silas, he- he stabbed me the White Oak Stake. A piece of it is still inside me." Klaus explained.

"What? Why would he attack you?" She asked.

"Well, I was in no position to ask questions. Suffice it to say, I'm hurt. Please, help."

"Yeah. Er, sure. Turn around." She walked closer to him.

"What do I need to do?" She asked.

"Simple. Cut the stake out of me." Klaus pointed to the bloody bolt cutters on the floor.

Amelia grimaced as she picked it up and started digging in Klaus's wound to try and find the wood that was making him in so much agony.

"There's nothing in here, Nik." Amelia complained.

"There has to be! Get it out!" Klaus yelled.

Amelia yanked the cutters from his wound and he yelled in pain.

"Don't shout at me! Im the trying to help!" Amelia yelled.

Klaus calmed down a little bit and leaned over the desk, "I'm sorry, love. Please, it hurts. Get it out."

Realisation kicked in for Amelia.

"I can't." She quietly said.

"What? Why?"

"Because there is nothing there. It's Silas messing with you. I don't think he even stabbed you."

"It is there! I can feel it!"

"No, no. Look, you just need a distraction."

Klaus furrowed his eyebrows slightly but Amelia pulled him in towards her and connected their lips.

He kissed back and they stayed like that for about ten seconds.

When they pulled apart Klaus looked stunned.

"It's gone. The pain is gone. Silas got inside my head." He sighed. "Thank you."

Amelia sighed, "if Silas can make you, of all people believe that you're dying, what can he do to the rest of us?"

Amelia wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her head against his chest as he kissed the top of her head.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." She replied.